The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-09-2022, 04:26 PM

Default Bluetooth buds Audio Recording - Mixing

Hi again,
I'm posting again it's been over a year since I last enquired about Bluetooth buds for use on Audio - Recording - Mixing using an Audio Interface. I am very hard of hearing now and can only use headphones, speakers are out of the question now. Has anyone had any success in getting wireless/ Bluetooth connected ear buds, IE, wireless headphones using an Audio interface. I'd be grateful to hear from anyone who has some information

Regards
Alan
Old 02-09-2022, 11:37 PM

Alan, I don't have any experience connecting earbuds specifically to an audio interface. But if that interface is on your computer, and that computer has Bluetooth (they all do), then you should be able to connect the two.

But the main thing I wanted to mention is that most/all earbuds now don't have much battery life. The best designs for battery life are those that have a neck ring because the ring holds a large battery as opposed to a minuscule battery in the earbud itself. I use a Bose QC-30 for this reason: 10 hours of battery life, good noise reduction, and they sound great. I don't think you'll find that anywhere else.

You may want something with a flat frequency response, and I'm not sure that is Bose. You'll have to do some research.

They don't make the QC-30 any longer, but you can still find them (Craigslist, ebay, etc).

Hope that helps.
Rogue Resonator (kindling)
Old 02-10-2022, 03:01 AM

Hi Newest first, thanks for you reply, yes I can see some of these models on eBay. What do you mostly use them for please, ideally, I use headphones for recording (closed type) and open type for mixing. Are you Bose suitable for these purposes

Thanks again
Alan
Old 02-10-2022, 09:45 AM

I just listen to music with them (I don't record).

FYI - my wife tried my qc-30s and wanted a pair for herself so I bought a nearly new set for her off ebay just a couple weeks ago: $85.
Rogue Resonator (kindling)
Old 02-10-2022, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsmarle View Post
Hi again,
I'm posting again it's been over a year since I last enquired about Bluetooth buds for use on Audio - Recording - Mixing using an Audio Interface. I am very hard of hearing now and can only use headphones, speakers are out of the question now. Has anyone had any success in getting wireless/ Bluetooth connected ear buds, IE, wireless headphones using an Audio interface. I'd be grateful to hear from anyone who has some information

Regards
Alan
The single most problematic issue with using bluetooth headphones while recording audio is that there is often an audible time delay from the time you play to the time you hear what you played.

Unless there's some reason why you want to go wireless it's ALWAYS preferable to using wired headphones or in ear monitors for actual recording. Headphones plugged into your interface is going to give you the best shot at delay-free monitoring.

It's less of an issue if you're simply listening to playback when doing audio editing in a DAW, since the small delay isn't being contrasted with live material.

If you want to do DAW editing don't concentrate on brand or price point. It's best if you can listen first-hand and determine what's best for you. I use Beyerdynamic DT-770 phones, as many other folks do for audio editing, but there are a lot of choices out there.
Old 02-10-2022, 11:40 AM

Thanks Rudy4,
I'm getting into my mid 70's now and being a deaf person I'm just trying to see what is out there if anything. I use closed wired headphones Sennheiser HD380 Pro for recording so OK for I probably only record for maybe an hour tops... the biggest amount of time is mixing and wearing wired open back headphones is giving me problems. Wireless/Bluetooth could possibly be the answer for mixing. I take onboard what you say about recording, I suppose even when set up for direct recording via my interface Bluetooth would be an issue

Cheers
Alan
Old 02-10-2022, 11:42 AM

Thanks Lar, I will perhaps try these out and see how it works for mixing

Cheers
Alan

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion