The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-09-2022, 08:46 PM

Cool Epiphone Hummingbird Pro or Hummingbird Inspired by Gibson

I recently purchased what I thought was an Epiphone Hummingbird Inspired by Gibson however it hasn't got the Epiphone Deluxe with the press in gold bushings machines or the Aged Cherry Sunburst Gloss.
It's a Hummingbird Pro with Grovers and a "full Gloss" finish not Faded Cherry Burst. I can see my face in the finish and I prefer Grovers so it's all good for me and the guitar sounds and plays beautifully.
Has anyone else had this happen? The Indonesians have learned a lot when it comes to making guitars.
Old 02-09-2022, 09:03 PM

I think there is a substantial difference between these two guitars, I might be mistaken or maybe the model has changed but the Epip hummingbird pros I've played were terrible and very thin and tinny sounding, but keep in mind this was several years ago, sounds like you got a good one, I'd say enjoy it, but i hop you didn't pay for a IBG but receive the pro, the pro is half the price.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion