The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-06-2021, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbirdman View Post
Closest I found was Newtone.
That's surprising as they are no silk-and-steel design and that does make a difference in my experience.

You can custom-order the double-wounds in 80/20 from them, if you didn't already. They're a bit warmer and flexible and also have a smoother surface IIRC (the thinner wrap wire is on top).

Interestingly I had to widen the slot in my low E bridge pin for both references...

EDIT: I didn't fully appreciate the Earthwood S&S the 1st time I put them on either; I came back to them a month or so later and then wondered where I had my ears that 1st time. They do need a little time to mellow out.

Pickle: Gretsch G9240 "Alligator" wood-body resonator wearing nylguts (China, 2018?)
Toon: Eastman Cabaret JB (China, 2022)
Stanley: The Loar LH-650 (China, 2017)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion