The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-10-2014, 09:05 PM

Default James Neligan???

Hey Forum,
As always, looking for the exepertise and knowledge of the forum. I was in my local guitar shop (playing more than actually GASing) and the owner handed me this James Neligan DEV-A Deveron mahogany guitar. Used but in great shape/played nice. Solid top with lam b/s. Sale priced @ $199.00. I'm not familiar with this brand, nor have I ever seen one in a store. I searched the web and it seems like this is an upscale Stagg guitar (if that makes sense) These are about $300.00 new. I guess I would put it in the Ibanez AC240 or Fender Tim Armstrong category, but not completely sure. The $199 price point seemed about right for a used $300 guitar, but not such a great deal to make it a must buy.
Any thoughts on the brand or pricing?
Thanks AGF
Old 12-11-2014, 02:13 AM

Bump...its a rare day the AGF is without any information about a brand or an "opinion" on a price...
Old 12-11-2014, 05:18 AM

A friend of mine runs 3 open mic nights a week. He bought a James Nelligan Electro acoustic for £200 new for people who don't bring guitars to use. The thing sounds awful unplugged but has a surprisingly decent tone plugged in. I've seen a few of the range in my local guitar shop but I've never played/closely inspected any of them. They are budget guitars aimed at beginners according to the shop manager. The pricing sounds similar to what we have here.

Gibson Songwriter Standard EC
Lowden WL-22
Maton SRS808
Taylor AD11-SB
Taylor 811 GT
Taylor Big Baby Walnut
Old 12-11-2014, 10:48 AM

Thanks that is what I thought

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion