The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-01-2015, 09:42 PM

Default Small Gig Bag For A Martin 000?

Hey All,

For a bit over a year now, I've been rocking my trusty Martin 000 15M. It's a beauty, and it goes everywhere with me. I am having trouble finding a new gig bag, though.

I want a gig bag that's small and form fitting for small, local journeys. (To family, coffee shops, etc.) Something as small and light as the guitar. Currently, for extended trips/travel I use my Martin hard case. For shorter trips, I've been using a big Road Runner electric gig bag. It's way too big.

Any suggestions? Having trouble finding one that'll confirm to the size of my smaller acoustic. Thanks so much!
MIJ Vintage Squier
Hofner Ignition Series Bass
Takamine G-Series Acoustic Guitar
Fender CD160 Twelve String
Fender CD220 Acoustic Guitar
Old 08-01-2015, 10:25 PM
Charter Member

An OM or Classical size should do as these fit my guitars well.

I prefer hybrid cases which have more padding and reinforced areas but are slightly larger. The bags I've liked are the mono(of which I own 2), Access Stage 3, Reunion Blues, and Gigblade. What may differ between us, is I prefer the ability to carry effects and related gear, so accessory pockets were very important.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:25 PM
Dan - Charter Member

I have an Access Stage One "Small Body Acoustic" bag which I use for a 00 and like a lot. I just tried my Yamaha FS700S in it, which is OM/000-sized, and it fits, albeit more snugly around the lower bout. Access also has a Dreadnaught size bag (also meant for OM/000) which is a little over an inch wider in the lower bout but considerably wider at the upper bout to handle dread shoulders. I think either would be fine. You might consider if you have other guitars you might to use one of these for.

These are nice bags. They have closed-cell foam, and are stiff enough to stand up by themselves. About $70. Access also makes a lower-end model, Upstart, and Stage Three and Five models that are even fancier, with a stiffer shell, neck support, etc. The whole line:
http://www.carryaccess.com/bags.htm

Elderly carries a lot of them, and has useful info in the descriptions (for instance, that the small size will fit a 000):
http://elderly.com/brand/138N_access.html

I bought mine in person at The Guitar Emporium.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:36 PM

Google Pro-lock bags. They are reasonably priced and well made.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ovation 1984 Collector's
Takamine FP317S New Yorker
Ibanez George Benson
Gibson 339
Gibson 2017 J45 Custom
Huss & Dalton CM sinker redwood
Emerald X20 Woody
Tom Anderson Crowdster Plus
Maton Nashville 808
Maton Messiah

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion