The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-01-2008, 08:21 PM

Thumbs up Sweetwater rocks!!

Hey, I just ordered my Limited Edition #3/just 17 Martin D Muniga 08. Sweeatwater was the ONLY dealer who took a pre-order on my item when I inquired about it early on. Needless to say, only 17 of these were produced worldwide...and guess who got one? That's right..me!

Not only was my order guaranteed, but I was promised that no matter what the amrket did, my price was locked in...even if it went up. It did not and my guitar was delievered as promised. Not only that, but I might have been the very forst to receive mine out of all who ordered from other places. I still don't know or have heard of anyone who has one.

Mark Brody at Sweetwar...you are my man!! And with free shipping, no tax, pre-shipping quality inspection, follow up quality ensurance calls...no other online place comes close. You heard me! I have ordered from all of them too. Sweetwater set the bar...and it is there to stay.

A++++++++++++++++++++++++!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
That's what livin is to me...that's what livin is to me."
-Jimmy Buffett
Old 10-01-2008, 08:42 PM
Charter Member

Sweetwater has always done a good job for me. Their occasional sales calls? I tell them I'm fine. They're trying to make a living, too.

Thanks, Glenn
Old 10-02-2008, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R View Post
I found the phone calls so annoying that I won't order anything from them. And that's a shame because they have some nice gear at reasonable prices.
I can appreciate your annoyance, but instead of going to such extreme lengths, wouldn't it be much easier to send your personal sales engineer an email asking to please not call you in the future? I guarantee they'll take you off the call list and you can continue to enjoy the benefits of working with them. Just a thought.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:27 PM

I always buy from sweetwater...that is if I have a choice, some things I want they do not carry or are sold out of but I love the customer service there, and the free shipping with candy of course!
'05 Takamine G320 (beach/beater guitar)
'03 Gibson Les Paul standard plus Desert Burst
ESP bass
Yamaha APX-700
Johnson Madolin
Old 10-02-2008, 04:11 PM

I've bought a LOT of stuff from Sweetwater, mostly recording gear. Their customer service is hands down the best of anyone I've ever delt with.

I liked my first sales engineer much better than the guy I currently have though. I sent a friend to him who spent a couple grand or so on a recording rig. My engineer called me a week or so later to try to sell me something, and never bothered to thank me for sending him some business. He's not the most personable guy! lol

But yeah, they are a great company to work with. Any question you have about gear you can get a good answer from them before buying. The return policy isn't as great as MF, but if you have a warrenty issue Sweetwater treats you like a king.
'06 Taylor 414ce
'03 Taylor 355
'05 Gibson 185 EC Special jumbo
'91 Gibson Les Paul Studio Lite
'96 Gibson Les Paul Studio
'04 Fender Highway One Strat
'06 Fender American Precision Bass

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion