The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-08-2010, 08:01 PM

Default Eastman AC822 or the New E20D

I'm lookng at both guitars and have played the E20D and love it. I can't find the AC822 local so I am looking for some input on it. I am a decently hard strummer, nothing crazy, but I'm not a finger picker.

Any input would be great.

Thanks
Old 08-09-2010, 08:31 AM
Charter Member

I haven't played the new Adi topped Eastman's but I do have the AC822ce. It's a great guitar but it lends itself more to a fingerstyle guitar than a strummer in my opinion but can accommodate both. But for pure strumming I'd go with a dread every time. Again...just my two cents?

Dogs Welcome......People Tolerated!
Old 08-09-2010, 08:52 PM

I had an 822 for about a year and it is a great guitar but in my opinion you need to go with the E20D for great strumming. I played an E20D today at Maple Street in Atlanta and it is a monster of a guitar. For the price it is hard to beat and in my opinion can't be beat. If I were looking for a dread today it would have come home with me. I preferred it over the Taylor DN8 by a long shot. I really want to get my hands on a E20OM now.
2022 Yamaha FG5
2010 Taylor DN3
Old 08-09-2010, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallhadden View Post
I had an 822 for about a year and it is a great guitar but in my opinion you need to go with the E20D for great strumming. I played an E20D today at Maple Street in Atlanta and it is a monster of a guitar. For the price it is hard to beat and in my opinion can't be beat. If I were looking for a dread today it would have come home with me. I preferred it over the Taylor DN8 by a long shot. I really want to get my hands on a E20OM now.
That E20D at Maple Street is the one I was looking at. It sure is a great guitar. Thanks for the input!
Old 08-11-2010, 12:22 AM

Default Eastman trad serie

hello!
I took the insane plundge two months ago to order not one but two
Eastman guitars (the AC512,and a beautiful suburst AC412)crazy GAS attack!
but at first I was looking for a E20OM,and a E10OM!after having played those two for almost 2 months now,I can tell you this:

HURRY UP AND GET IT BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE DOES!!!!!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion