The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-17-2022, 09:31 AM

This is such a cool topic! It's nice to see such a wide range of hog-topped (and all hog) guitars gathered in one place. Often times it's hard to get the bigger picture, since there might only be a few suggestions for personal favorites.

I like to see the variety represented because it's easier to do research when many brands are represented.

When I was gathering all hog information there really wasn't anything that was ideal in my case, so I went the DIY route.

Thanks all for your contributions!
Old 02-17-2022, 09:40 AM
Charter Member

Of course the answer is going to be each to his own, but my '13 Taylor 524 First Edition is second to none in my opinion. It's so fantastic that I recently purchased the same exact guitar for the third time. Great tone, looks and playability...
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm
Old 02-17-2022, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
If you can find one, Martin’s Jeff Tweedy model is a wonderful all hog, 00-17. Mine is a forever guitar.
Second on the Martin 00-DB Jeff Tweedy. Truly stunning sounding instrument. It is a 00 size guitar (obviously) so it's on the smaller side, but it has the body depth of a dreadnaught so it adds some bass and fills out the sound compared to a regular depth 00.

2005 Martin D-18GE Shade Top
Taylor 717 Builders Edition
PRS Silver Sky

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion