The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-22-2024, 09:26 AM
Charter Member

yes I use it , especially if a guitar has been sitting around and the strings feel sticky. I only use it on strings though, never sprayed it on the back of the neck in case the finish might be affected.
Old 04-22-2024, 10:15 AM

Not used it but I see a guy at jams who is in a cloud of it as he preps his instruments and hands. He does play super fast so maybe I oughta try some.
Old 04-22-2024, 10:16 AM

Try some nose/forehead grease. Works better than anything else. Dont knock it till you've tried it
Old 04-22-2024, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Womack View Post
I've got a bottle hanging around from the '80, which probably let's you know how often I use it.

Bob
Ditto, except mine is from the 70's. It's still about half full if I recall correctly. It's with my spray can of Martin Guitar Polish from 1974 when I visited the factory in Nazareth.

My Woodworking YouTube channel - David Falkner Woodworking --------------------------------------------
Martin, Gallagher, Guild, Takamine, Falkner
Old 04-22-2024, 11:15 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by difalkner View Post
Ditto, except mine is from the 70's. It's still about half full if I recall correctly. It's with my spray can of Martin Guitar Polish from 1974 when I visited the factory in Nazareth.
The old FE smells better than the new.
Guilds
Gibsons
A few others
2020 macbook pro i5 8GB
Scarlett 18i20
Reaper 7
Old 04-22-2024, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastbound View Post
Try some nose/forehead grease. Works better than anything else. Dont knock it till you've tried it
Yes ,some old jazz dude told about that trick. It does work for a little bit. Hey I will keep using the FE,especially in the humidity we get here in NJ.
Old 04-23-2024, 09:06 AM

Default Missing Person Report Filed

The last time finger ease was used on one of my guitars went like this. A guy wanted to play one of my guitars. I agreed and passed it to him. He proceeded to spray the fretboard and everyone nearby with finger ease. His body was never found.
Old 04-23-2024, 09:36 AM
Charter Member

I still use fast fret during the summer unless I am playing coated strings. I am in eastern North Carolina and it gets very humid here. Uncoded strings get sticky and that is a real thing. It sucks because my hands are not near as hard on strings as they used to be so uncoded strings last me a lot longer than they used to. I might as well chunk Late May arrives

Last edited by markcrawford; 04-23-2024 at 10:36 AM.
Old 04-23-2024, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcrawford View Post
I still use fast feet during the summer unless I am playing coated strings. I am in eastern North Carolina and it gets very humid here. Uncoded strings get sticky and that is a real thing. It sucks because my hands are not near as hard on strings as they used to be so uncoded strings last me a lot longer than they used to. I might as well chunk Late May arrives

Where in Eastern NC? I grew up in Rocky Mount and either lived there or Greenville for most of my life until 2017 when I moved to TX. I miss real pork BBQ the most.
‘20 Gibson 1960 Hummingbird reissue
‘16 Gibson Hummingbird Avant Guard (gigging guitar)

Note to self: Never play a guitar you aren’t willing to buy.
Old 04-23-2024, 10:38 AM
Charter Member

I live in Rocky Mount now. Been living here since 2001. Went to school at ECU. I grew up in Williamston. Never been to any state anywhere that could turn me on to their BBQ. Vinegar based Bee's, Parker's, Bill's and many others stand tall.

I played many gigs at the Attic when it was the real thing. Shame what has happened to the live music scene in downtown Greenville. Wow. After college and full time band das, I went to work for the GPD and worked west Gville for 4 years....people had no idea what was going on there. Cleaned up pretty good now though. Rocky Mount on the other hand.........I teach at Rocky MOunt High School. I am sorry, I meant to say that I "endure" teaching and enjoy writing and playing
Old 04-23-2024, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcrawford View Post
I live in Rocky Mount now. Been living here since 2001. Went to school at ECU. I grew up in Williamston. Never been to any state anywhere that could turn me on to their BBQ. Vinegar based Bee's, Parker's, Bill's and many others stand tall.

I played many gigs at the Attic when it was the real thing. Shame what has happened to the live music scene in downtown Greenville. Wow. After college and full time band das, I went to work for the GPD and worked west Gville for 4 years....people had no idea what was going on there. Cleaned up pretty good now though. Rocky Mount on the other hand.........I teach at Rocky MOunt High School. I am sorry, I meant to say that I "endure" teaching and enjoy writing and playing
We know some of the the same folks I bet. I used to play in bands around Greenville in the late 80s and early mid 90s. I taught Psychology at ECU as a a part time lecturer in during that time as well during and after Grad School.

Bass player in a lot of those bands I played in was from Williamston.

I started teaching at Edwards in 2001 and then taught for the district in several different places until 2017 when we moved.

My brother is the head football coach at Nash Central High. His wife is an AP somewhere (I think Baily elementary).
‘20 Gibson 1960 Hummingbird reissue
‘16 Gibson Hummingbird Avant Guard (gigging guitar)

Note to self: Never play a guitar you aren’t willing to buy.
Old 04-23-2024, 02:12 PM

I still have Fast Fret around here somewhere. I used to use it a lot mainly to keep my strings from oxidizing back in the bad 'ol days.

Life's better now using treated/coated strings.
Schecter SV Shredder

“Trust gets you killed, love gets you hurt, and being real gets you hated.” ~ Johnny Cash (1932-2003)
Old 04-23-2024, 03:47 PM
Charter Member

I vividly remember be stationed at Ft. Bragg in the early 80s and hearing all about the pull pork sandwiches in North Carolina. Being from South Louisiana, we are well versed in all kinds of BBQ pork. What I didn’t realize going in was that in the Carolinas, the cole slaw would be IN the sandwich, not on the side of the sandwich as it is down here.

So - I get it. The cream slaw offsets the very tangy BBQ that they use in Carolina. It really is very good. Especially if you spray some Finger Ease on it…..
Old 04-23-2024, 04:29 PM

Still have a can of it around here somewhere. Used it mostly at outdoor gigs. Now retired from gigging and just play in my little guitar corner, so not sure where the FE is hiding.
Old 04-23-2024, 04:31 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Womack View Post
I haven't. I found my bottle though.

Bob
It is probably hidden behind the toilet. To me, finger ease might a bottle of your favorite brew just to loosen things up a bit before performing.

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion