The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-13-2017, 08:07 AM
Charter Member

Default GAS has struck again, waiting on new Ed Sheeran Divide

GAS has struck - my local shop I go to has on order for me when it comes out the upcoming Ed Sheeran Divide guitar. Really excited about it. A bit fancier then the X one. Need to get butt in gear and start selling off my non Martins to justify this Here is a link with the specs https://www.martinguitar.com/guitars...ature-edition/
Old 05-13-2017, 05:52 PM

Congrats on your upcoming arrival. While there's not a lot of love here for the Little Martins, they do have a place. I had a LX1 and it was great for what I used it for. It was my "vacation" guitar. Whenever we went away for a few days it came along. Being a minister I often have funerals to do. Anymore many services are graveside only. That was the guitar I used when I had to trudge across the cemetery. Usually it was always a long walk, raining, and either very hot or very cold. I have since traded my LX1 when an original Ed Sheeran Little Martin became available to me. That's the first one, with the mahogany top - sounded better than the spruce top plus it had electronics. Not so much concerned about the preamp but really wanted a built in tuner.

Enjoy your purchase when it arrives and happy playing.
Old 05-13-2017, 06:28 PM
Charter Member

The X Ed Sheeran does have electronics . That is cool you have the first one they came out with. I think the Little Martin guitars are great. Yeah, they are not an expensive Martin but in my bokk, a Martin is a Martin is a Martin and that is good enough for me .
Old 05-14-2017, 12:42 AM

i have pre-ordered mine and I'm the first in line in Singapore for this.

Sadly Ed is coming to singapore for a concert and for both nights his tickets were all sold out in 40 mins when they opened.
Old 05-14-2017, 12:59 PM

To be honest I'm not sure how they have justified the up charge this time. The first time was a sapele top which gave the guitar something different. The next was a solid Koa X Inlay and Koa print HPL. This time all they have done is a divide symbol etched in the top! And they have put in an inferior preamp to the standard lx1e.

Gibson Songwriter Standard EC
Lowden WL-22
Maton SRS808
Taylor AD11-SB
Taylor 811 GT
Taylor Big Baby Walnut

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion