The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-23-2003, 07:32 AM

Default so got my k65 yesterday.........

hey all. i posted yesterday telling yall i was getting my k65 on the way to going to see the david gray show. i stopped by the music shop and saw the taylor box and case on it's own but i had to wait for my dealer to help me to get it. he opened that thing up, and my mouth just dropped. guys and gals, i've played lots of koa models in my lifetime, but none of them looked like this one. the only way i can think of describing it was a reflective sea of caramel. that's really what it looks like. absolutley amazing. 2 piece back. man am i a believer in taylor now. i asked for standard koa and my dealer said he had to look twice thinking it was upgraded koa. i'll have pics later tonight when i have time but i can't believe the looks of this thing. haven't had a chance to play it much yet but that will come tonight when i get home from work. man oh man did this spark TAS. i'll post pics later yall!

mark

btw, i asked for a k55 w/ koa top, ES, and presentation series bridge inlays. k55 w/ koa top would make it a k65 right? my label says k55. just thought it was interesting. i'll post the pics later! see ya
Old 07-23-2003, 07:42 AM

Hehe... congrats! I remember when the UPS truck came with my Taylor--one of the best feelings in the world
Old 07-23-2003, 07:47 AM

Congrats, cant wait to see the pics. How was the show? I saw him last friday and it was sick! Isn't the drummer funny? he put on a good show. Congrats again...pics pics pics!
Old 07-23-2003, 07:48 AM

It sounds like a very beautiful guitar. I can't wait to see it. BTW koa smells just as good as it looks. So make sure you give her a good sniff too.
Old 07-23-2003, 08:26 AM

Congrats! Looking forward to those pics!

Taylor does it's own thing with the labels. Back when you were considering this guitar I posted that you could order the K65CE and omit the C and E. Then your label would have said , I am NOT kidding, "K65CE."

Doesn't matter, what matters is the guitar and that you are pleased with it!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion