The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-22-2006, 05:23 PM

I've got an Epi EJ-160E made in China that I would put on a par with my Gibson J-160. The instrument is flawless...fit/finish/feel/sound are exceptional. I understand all the nuances, lacquer vs poly, USA vs Asian electronics, etc., but I'm sorry--the guitars are peers.

Bill
Old 11-22-2006, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhsmitty View Post
My Alvarez MD80 was made in China. When I played it in the store I fell in love with it but almost didn't buy it after looking at the label and seeing Made in China. I guess that's when I got over my prejudice, just a little bit, because the guitar had to be mine.
One of the drawbacks of the Guild I mentioned above. MADE IN CHINA, is emblazened on the inside in the largest, boldest, most conspicuous letters possible. If you were playing the guitar at Madison Square Garden, people in the nosebleed seats could read MADE IN CHINA, inside the sound box.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion