The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-13-2015, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar View Post
If you want to augment your arrangement of Wildwood Flower, I've got a very nice cross-picking arrangement of it in tab. Happy to pass it on to you -- just send me a PM if you want it.
My wife, daughter, grand daughter, nephews and grand nieces can now all hum Wildwood Flower...go figure.
Old 10-13-2015, 10:27 PM

Default Wildwood Flower

I've had fun playing it with a group (in C), then switching keys and seeing how many keys I can play it in and have others keep up.

Fay OM Sinker Redwood/Tiger Myrtle
Sexauer L00 Adk/Magnolia For Sale
Hatcher Jumbo Bearclaw/"Bacon" Padauk
Goodall Jumbo POC/flamed Mahogany
Appollonio 12 POC/Myrtle
MJ Franks Resonator, all Australian Blackwood
Goodman J45 Lutz/fiddleback Mahogany
Blackbird "Lucky 13" - carbon fiber
'31 National Duolian
+ many other stringed instruments.
Old 10-14-2015, 09:33 AM

I've been kind of messing around learning Wildwood Flower, Freight Train and Amazing Grace for a couple of years. Not the type of music I normally play or listen too but these three tunes seem to be permanently lodged in my musical conscientious. All in C and flat picked. I started learning to flat pick a couple of years ago also. Fingerpicking is the primary focus of my playing and practicing. But most mornings I put in about 10 minutes of flat picking excercises and expect I might have the picking chops to tackle these three songs more seriously one of these days.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion