The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-14-2015, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motojosh View Post
I don't believe we've ever met. Care to expand on that judgment, or are you happy assuming you know everything about a person from a few sentences? What, exactly, are "people like [me]" like?
Actually you did meet in a way. You met people in over 1200 views of this thread.

Honestly I too got a negative impression. The thread implies that Sam Ash might be conducting poor business practices because their in cart discount varied from the advertisement.

This is similar to picking an item off the shelf at a store with discount price and finding the register charges differently; this happens frequently. Most times, simply bringing to the associate's attention will resolve the matter. But it would be wrong to imply they have questionable business practices before you inquire or unless there is a pattern of behavior.

The thing is there was an apparent mistake, possibly simple, by Sam Ash that they corrected but this thread has received 1,277 views. It's one of those cases where communication details are lost sometimes for various reasons.

Last edited by Turp; 10-14-2015 at 11:54 AM.
Old 10-14-2015, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motojosh View Post
Thanks--if I decide to purchase the guitar, I will indeed call them.
I'm officially confused (not that hard to do). You were ready to buy over the website, but not by phone?

1977 Martin M-38
1982 Stelling Staghorn
2013 Larrivée D-40R
2014 Andrew White Eos 1011 (sold)
2016 Pisgah Possum
Old 10-14-2015, 10:37 AM
Charter Member

The phone approach is best. In fact, Musicians Friend and others will intentionally build their promotions so you have to call a rep. That's how their reps earn their commission. Seriously. FWIW, I personally find shopping with Sam Ash to be a strange experience, but I do buy from them on occasion. The local SA store where I live rarely has sales, but instead they offer "two years free financing" and jack all the prices up about 10-15%. Can't believe anyone falls for that, but they keep trying...
Old 10-14-2015, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turp View Post
Honestly I too got a negative impression. The thread implies that Sam Ash might be conducting poor business practices because their in cart discount varied from the advertisement.
Fair enough. I tried to explicitly state that I was not jumping to any conclusions; rather, I was gathering relevant information upon which to base a conclusion. If that was not clear, then I failed on my part of the communication process.

Quote:
This is similar to picking an item off the shelf at a store with discount price and finding the register charges differently; this happens frequently. Most times, simply bringing to the associate's attention will resolve the matter. But it would be wrong to imply they have questionable business practices before you inquire or unless there is a pattern of behavior.
This is a great analogy; thank you. There are stores here in town (not guitar shops, but grocery stores) that I tend to avoid because this happens more frequently than at other stores. With Sam Ash, I don't have the benefit of having shopped there frequently, so I was simply trying to identify whether this sort of mistake is a pattern. In my original post, maybe I should have just asked that question and then quit writing.
Old 10-14-2015, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacks Focus View Post
I'm officially confused (not that hard to do). You were ready to buy over the website, but not by phone?
Absolutely ready to buy. Having no history with this particular retailer, the pricing mixup on the website made me pause and reconsider where to buy the guitar from (there are other choices, and as stated above, I'm not simply looking for the lowest price).
Old 10-14-2015, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgregg48 View Post
Sam Ash cheated me big time in 1970.
Have not and will not deal with them until
The Cubs win the world series,, in other words
Never,
Cubbies looking pretty good right now Bro

BIG GAP in GAS
'87 Guild D25-12 w/ K&K PWM- acquired in '07
'12 Voyage Air VAMD-02
'16 Alvarez MFA70- new to the herd 1/4/17
Ultrasound AG50DS4

Now playing in honor of The Bandito of Bling, TBondo & Dickensdad
Old 10-14-2015, 02:29 PM

I had no problems with SamAsh.com at all when I ordered my Bedell from them. I got the advertised sale price, and the Bedell arrived well-packed and earlier than they said it would.

That was my only on-line transaction with them, however. But I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again in the future.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion