The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-14-2015, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golffishny View Post
So I'm guessing the heat press adressed the belly bulge issue. Glad it worked. As a side question, do you have his number so I can ask if there is a way to adapt the heat press thing on my belly bulge.

Tried heat, doesn't work if you drink cold beer.
Cold beer. I like cold beer. Got some?

"And I wonder, still I wonder, who'll stop the rain"?
Old 10-14-2015, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoopeda View Post
I can't help but wonder if this is because there are more Martins out there than pretty much any other guitar--probably the same reason you've lost count of all the Martin PRAISE threads out there as well. More neck reset threads doesn't mean anything in the face of many more guitars. Taylor necks are made of the same wood and are just as susceptible to warping, but they bolt on, which is a 30 minute repair. Seems to me, the problem isn't Martin QC. The problem is the backlog Martin has at their repair shop which makes getting a dovetail neck reset a many month ordeal. If a Martin neck reset took 30 minutes (or even overnight) at your local Guitar Center, you wouldn't see any complaining here. The guitars are not selling because people want to pay more for a fancy name; they sell more because they sound like no other guitar. Part of that recipe is a dovetail neck, which has the drawback of being more susceptible to complications. If Larivee made more guitars, you'd see more neck reset threads about them as well--along with heaps of praise and brand recognition. This isn't as black-and-white an issue as people like to make it seem; more a knee-jerk reaction to take down the king of the heap. There is no *perfect* guitar--only a long list of pros and cons that--like it or not--come bundled under a headstock. But if it's a particular sound you're after, I've yet to hear a bolt-on that sounds just like a Martin.
I could not agree with this more. I need that "direct neck body connection" that a dovetail joint provides. It gives me the "fullness" my ears like. My 2 cents.

"And I wonder, still I wonder, who'll stop the rain"?
Old 10-14-2015, 05:53 PM

Default The straight edge hits almost an 1/8 below top of saddle, not too bad.

? That *is* bad.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion