The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-28-2022, 10:24 PM

I've recently bought Fender 'classical' gig bags from Cream City Music (best price I could find) for my own-design guitars sized like a Martin D-jr. Very pleased. I had the same adventure with the ought-to-fit Gator cases that were way too thin.
Old 03-06-2022, 02:41 PM
Charter Member

Smile

Just received a nice upgrade to the Martin gig bag. It's a Gibson branded small body acoustic gig bag made by TKL. Perfect fit for the Martin DJr with much better padding, and without adding significant overall size and weight to the bag which was my goal. All external dimensions are roughly the same, except it is 2" longer. The welcome news is that the headstock no longer needs to be stuffed into the bag, and it provides better protection in the event you bump the top of the bag. Internal dimensions nearly match the guitar's size, which was swimming inside the Martin gig bag. No sloshing around in the Gibson bag. Padding is slightly thicker, but more significantly, it is much more dense. I can nearly bring my fingers together when pinching the padding on the Martin bag, but not so on the Gibson bag. Comes with a neck rest, padded handle, an extra pouch over the headstock and fretboard, and padded backpack straps. It's a nice gig bag if you can get past the potentially "bad karma" of putting a Martin guitar in a Gibson bag.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion