The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-01-2014, 07:20 PM

Default Paige 12 String Capo big thumbs up

I have owned several 12 strings over the years and have found the capo issue always very unsatisfactory with intonation in live settings.

I would always limit myself to one capo setting for my 12 string per live set and was resigned to pretuning / retuning between sets accordingly.

The people at Paige Capos seem to have it figured out pretty well.

Repositioning the capo between songs requires a little more attention to detail but it only requires a few extra seconds and the intonation changes have nearly disappeared. Much faster than retuning. Hooray!

I also tried this on my Taylor 6 string, which has a slightly wider neck for fingerstyle and this unit is also an improvement, less buzzing/intonation issues, when compared the older 12 string Paige capo I normally use for this guitar. For the six-string I used only 3 of the rings.

The little rings are a pain to set up initially but seem very stable once installed and these capos are cheap enough I'll buy a couple more.

Sadly my Shubbs are not getting as much use these days.
Gretsch Deltoluxe Parlor

JBL EON ONE Pro
Yamaha DXR speakers
Old 04-01-2014, 09:52 PM
Charter Member

I've not tried the Paige, but have had great success with the G7th Performance 12 string model. Works great!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion