The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-02-2010, 11:16 PM

I've owned my Walden D552-12 string since Christmastime last year, and I continue to be amazed at its rich tone that far exceeds the inexpensive price that I paid for it by a country mile! The action is great and it is easy to play and very loud, but not too jangly.

Jeff
Old 06-02-2010, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleabyte View Post
I picked up a walden g640 in a shop in London the other week - wow what an amazing guitar for the price - just incredible. Shame I'm too broke to even buy it!
If you thought the G640 sounded good with stock strings and a plastic saddle, you should hear the difference a bone saddle and Elixir strings makes on it.

I did that to mine and WOW!... it sounds fantastic!
Old 06-06-2010, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthemBassMan View Post
-You should be pretty happy with it. I've played both the G570 and the G570CE quite extensively and love them both except for one exception. They both have those tiny, vintage style frets. That one feature has kept me from buying one of them. I don't want to buy a guitar that I think will need refretted after about 6 months of playing. Plus I just don't like the feeling of tiny frets when I play. But those two guitars have tone galore. Very solid overall construction too.

L8R,
Matt
Agree with the small frets criticism. But taking everything ELSE (including price) into consideration, I'll live with it. I still have every intention of upgrading someday to an all-solid-wood, Martin or Taylor probably, but I needed something to play... my beater is good for strumming chords on the beach, but forget fingerstyle. And my Ovation plays really well, but I never play it... It's got sentimental value because I've had it for 20 years or so, but it's just a very dark sounding instrument... and I like dark, but it's REALLY dark. And it doesn't sound like WOOD.

So I'll throw a bone saddle in the Walden and play it until the frets wear out! At which point I'll probably be upgrading.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:40 AM

I'm playing a Walden 0550 as a replacement for a Martin 0001. I'm 100% satisfied with it, and plan to purchase a G550 as an acoustic jam session guitar, asap.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion