The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-02-2001, 10:16 PM

Cool WILL BABY STAY DRY?

Does anyone know just how water resistant the gig bags for the Babys and Big babys are. We paln on a two month trip around the US and some of Canada (will skip Mexico)and I want to take my Big baby on the back of my scoot and I want to know how well the bag will protect it. It will get rained on snowed on and go from triple digets to below freezing in a days time, constant altitude changes. Ive heard of people taking them into the rain forest. Any input will be great.
Old 08-02-2001, 10:41 PM

Cool

One more thing, do you think the guitar will seperate? JW
Old 08-02-2001, 11:10 PM

Smile

Hey JW
I would opt for that Rainsong about now. They are awesome. I have a case for my baby. It came with original gigbag.(blue piece of crap) I don't know about the new ones but temp extremes might crack the solid top. Goodluck
Maybe a baby rainsong with sand sharks instead of makos. If anyone can get it done you are my choice.
Old 08-03-2001, 08:01 AM

Cool

A baby Rainsong? man wouldnt that be the ultimate travel guitar. The size of a Uke the sound of a GC? I really like the soft case the big baby comes in. Have you ever strapped a hardcase on a motorcycle? Doesnt work to well. plus I will have so much on my bike I will look like Im riding a roach. The wife will be riding with nothing but a tank bag. I may just scothch gaurd the bag before I go and just see how it responds. Two months with no Taylor? No Way!!JW
Old 08-03-2001, 09:59 AM

throw one of those giant contractor-grade garbage bags over that Baby... then you'll look even more roach-like.
Old 08-03-2001, 10:30 AM

Cool

Good Idea, Doubles as a Poncho.hehe..JW
Old 08-03-2001, 11:05 PM

Smile

JW the baby came with a thin blue gig bag(not even marked Taylor) that wouldnt hold a candle to the new one when it first came out. Then the SKB case came out and could be ordered by anyone who had purchased a baby previously. Then the new Gig bag came out and apparently replaced the case. I feel like Al Capone when I carry it. LOL
Old 08-05-2001, 10:07 PM

Cool

I guess I will find ou how well it does after 2 months on the road in the elements. I see alot of people in CA, I will be all over in late mid sep. Plan on checking out Buffalo Bros. Would like to meet some people to play with along the journey. JW
Old 08-05-2001, 11:09 PM

JW, what's the travel route for the trip? Even if folks aren't on the direct travel path, you'd probably get either music store recommendations or a list of "sights to see" along the way.

Happy Travels.

Jim

"No don't walk that way....there's nothing there" - M. Keneally
Old 08-06-2001, 08:09 AM

Cool

Our route will take us pretty much on the outer perimiter of the US except Florida(go to much already) but no real mapped out route. Just head in a genaral direction and go. Im sure we will get side tracked a couple of hundred times but once we hit Seattle the downward curve starts then back up, will enter Canada at the Falls ride a week then come back in then ride stright for the Smoky mountians and will spend a week riding just that area. Two months, 20K miles at least two sets of tires,200 fillups,5 oil changes and one guitar(hopefully it will survive the trip) Im going to get up a list of major cities that we will be stopping in and post them in the next week or so. JW

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion