The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-12-2009, 02:31 PM

Hi Jesse,

Just to toss another thought at you. I had a small body Taylor with a 1 7/8 neck and 2 3/8 string spacing (check out Chris Proctor sig. model). I liked the neck but the 2 3/8 was actually a little wide.

You might like something akin to a 000-50/60 Larrivee with a 1 13/16 neck/ 12 fret to the body, slot head. I had the 000-50 Mahogany, great neck and a huge sound. Available used if you look hard enough and well within your budget

Gary

Nice looking, too

Yamaha NTX700
Recording King ROS-06
Greg Bennett OM 8CE
Yamaha CGX 171 SCF Flamenco
Ibanez AG95 DBS

Last edited by gary0319; 05-12-2009 at 02:38 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:28 PM
Charter Member

I want a Yugo with a Porsche engine, Lamborghini suspension and Ferrari styling.

Can anyone tell me where to get it???

Worry less about the guitars you want. Play the guitar you have more.
The answer will come, and it will not be what you expect.

A guitar is a tool, and a friend. But it is not the answer.

It is the beginning.

Current Guitars:

Taylor 716C Modified
Voyage-Air VAOM-04

CD: The Bayleys: From The Inside
CDBaby
Amazon
Also available from iTunes

Old 05-12-2009, 08:33 PM
Charter Member

Try the AGF ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade Thurman View Post
I want a Yugo with a Porsche engine, Lamborghini suspension and Ferrari styling.

Can anyone tell me where to get it???
Old 05-12-2009, 08:35 PM

If you want an SD-60, check these out. They have 2 000-50's and a 000-60 as well. I played the SD-60 last Friday when I was up there and it is very, very good.

http://www.elderly.com/brand/20U_larrivee.html
Old 05-12-2009, 10:30 PM

Thanks for all the help, but becouse of the fact that i live in Israel and i dont have access to 1 7/8 necks i looked at 10 different stores, which in 7 of them they have Cheap plastic guitar from Korea...the salemens don't know nothing of what im talking about, they dont know even about the woods on the guitar and if its solid or laminated...its completly pathetic, so when i tell them there ARE guitars with different neck profiles and different width they look at me as if i fell from the sky and dont know what im talking about...once i explain to them a bit they tell me "why dont you play a nylon classical guitar?" , i wanted to bash one of the plastic guitars on hes head for telling me that but i just went out...
the other 3 shops have decent guitars like taylor/breedlove/gibson/takamine but they dont know what im talking about there too...by CHANCE i found a breedlove OM revival with a 1 3/4...and it was very nice but it cost there 4.5k$ !!! ALL the prices of all the guitars here are double or more then in the USA its insane...i can't justify buying here a guitar...its madness.

anyway...i have relatives in England and although the prices there are pretty much the same im thinking of going there and trying to find a good english made guitar like Lowden or something of the kind that would justify the money i spend becouse its made there and probably will cost less then a imported guitar from USA...

then you have the other aspect of the price of the flight and staying in england which is too quite expensive even if you have somewhere to stay...so its comes out about the same as buying a guitar here so i really dont know what to do...

and another option is to go to america (which i always wanted to go travel there), and just go play and try all the guitars...for me america is like guitar heaven i hope you apreciate what you have there...

ok enough of the moaning and crying, sorry about the long post .

P.S - all the guitars i have are from friends that went to the USA and i asked them to bring me a guitar...except a beater and a takamine which was my first guitar...
Crown K-1 (1975)
Admira Sevilla (1990)
Deering Banjo Goodtime II (2008)
Fender Startocaster 60th Anniversery
Vox AC-15

My Youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/JesseMathews

My Space page: http://www.myspace.com/jessemathews1983

Last edited by Jesse Matthews; 05-12-2009 at 11:13 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Matthews View Post
Does anybody know if Elderly Ships Internationaly ?
Here you go.

Bill

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion