The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-28-2024, 07:34 AM
Charter Member

Default Visited the new location of Carter Vintage yesterday

Took a quick trip to Nashville to go pick up my wife at the airport and had a couple of hours to kill. I went to the new location of Carter Vintage - Wow!! They did a beautiful job - so much space, so much light and so many guitars. They are so chill there about letting you take pretty much anything off the wall and just sit and play. I took a 12k Collings Electric into a room, plugged in and lost track of time. If you haven't been - the staff is amazing and the selection is really unlike any shop around - except for perhaps Gruhn's.
Emerald X10 Slim
Emerald X12
Northfield Big Mon
PRS S2 McCarty Slimline
PRS JA-15
Collings I30 LC
Old 03-28-2024, 06:07 PM

Cool- where is it?
- Tacoma EK36C (ancient cedar Little Jumbo, '01, #145/150)
- Seagull SWS Maritime Mini Jumbo ('16)
- Simon & Patrick Pro Folk Rosewood ('01)
- Godin Montreal Premiere Supreme
- Ibanez Mikro Bass
Old 03-28-2024, 06:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdbrain View Post
Cool- where is it?
Directly across the street from the old place.
Old 03-28-2024, 06:58 PM
Charter Member

I loved it there. I was there in Sept of 2023, is the new location since then?

Martin 000-1
Rainsong CH-OM
Martin SC10e sapele

My Band's Spotify page https://open.spotify.com/artist/2KKD...SVeZXf046SaPoQ
Old 03-29-2024, 08:18 AM
Charter Member

Default yes..

The new location is across the road...if you're coming from south of town...turn right just before you get to the "old" place...then the parking garage is at the far corner of the building on the left...turn left and go up 1 floor...you'll see the Carter vintage spots...you have to scan a barcode to park...put in your info...then at the shop they will validate your parking so it will not cost anything..the new location actually faces the back side of the building....very cool space!!!..look at the video they posted on their website and it makes more sense...

here is the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf_0bZ5zV7k
Old 03-29-2024, 11:15 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by $ongWriter View Post
The new location is across the road...if you're coming from south of town...turn right just before you get to the "old" place...then the parking garage is at the far corner of the building on the left...turn left and go up 1 floor...you'll see the Carter vintage spots...you have to scan a barcode to park...put in your info...then at the shop they will validate your parking so it will not cost anything..the new location actually faces the back side of the building....very cool space!!!..look at the video they posted on their website and it makes more sense...

here is the video:
Thanks! The video is helpful in seeing where they are now. Looks like a bigger building. What a great place...

Martin 000-1
Rainsong CH-OM
Martin SC10e sapele

My Band's Spotify page https://open.spotify.com/artist/2KKD...SVeZXf046SaPoQ
Old 03-29-2024, 03:30 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashi63 View Post
Took a quick trip to Nashville to go pick up my wife at the airport and had a couple of hours to kill. I went to the new location of Carter Vintage - Wow!! They did a beautiful job - so much space, so much light and so many guitars. They are so chill there about letting you take pretty much anything off the wall and just sit and play. I took a 12k Collings Electric into a room, plugged in and lost track of time. If you haven't been - the staff is amazing and the selection is really unlike any shop around - except for perhaps Gruhn's.
Collings electrics are so great. I've not ever been a huge fan of their acoustics but the I-35LCV I have is the greatest electric I've ever been fortunate enough to play.
Old 03-29-2024, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by $ongWriter View Post

here is the video:
That room at .034 in the video…holy crap
1972 Gibson SJ Deluxe
2019 Gibson J-45 Standard
2022 Gibson 1960 Hummingbird Fixed Bridge

…don’t even get me started on electrics - too many to list.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion