The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-30-2024, 11:16 PM
Charter Member

Default Gibson Songwriter EC Custom Ebony 2024 - Video included

I got my Gibson Songwriter EC custom Ebony in mid February 2024 a few days after they were announced. When I ordered it, I didn't honestly expect to keep it. But I wanted to try since I have been wanting a Gibson cutaway acoustic for amplified gigging for quite some time. It absolutely exceeds my expectations. I am blown away with this guitar acoustically as well as amplified!

Caveat: I swapped out the Baggs Session VTC Pickup for a Baggs Anthem. I have a lot of gig experience with the Anthem and had no reservations about making this swap. No regrets! The guitar sounds magical (to me). I am super happy.

This model has Ebony bridge, Ebony fingerboard, Bone Nut and Saddle, Hide glue construction, brass bridge pins and Les Paul Custom ornamentation on the headstock and neck. It is absolutely stunning, albeit a fingerprint and smudge magnet since it is gloss black. I am packing a bottle of water based cleaner and a polish cloth.

Here is a sample demo I made at home today amplified through a Fishman Loudbox Artist with the DI out connecting an Electrovoice Everse 8 speaker. I used a Strymon Bluesy V2 spring Reverb and some Diamond Memory Lane Jr delay with modulation.

Collings D1 Traditional
Collings OM1C
Martin OM-28 Custom Cutaway
Gibson EC Ebony Songwriter Custom
Emerald X20
Emerald X30
Martin OMC-28 Custom
Fender CS '63 Telecaster Custom
Fender 61 Wildwood 10 Strat
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC

www.heartsoulaz.com

Last edited by Groberts; 05-01-2024 at 10:05 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion