The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-17-2019, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Moustache View Post
..."Blistered fingers, lack of sleep, beer stained clothes, no drink tickets (huh?) flat tyres, no soundcheck, no monitors, broken strings, deaf soundmen, smelly van, miles of boring highway, dead 9v batteries, lead singer's disease, lethal B.O., crashing on floors, 2 a.m. load-outs, fugly groupies, drummers(!) .... it's all worth it!"

Made me laugh! Brings back the memories, huh?
Memories???

FYI where I live there's a whole bunch of us AARP members-in-good-standing who are still playing out regularly; only difference is the B.O. is worse , "lead singers' disease" means imminent hip/knee replacement when you suddenly realize you're not 25 and can't make those stage moves anymore - and it's probably best that we don't discuss the groupies...

Once a road warrior, always a road warrior - and to paraphrase a popular American saying, they'll have to pry my Gretsch out of my cold, dead hands...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion