The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-16-2019, 06:14 PM

I have a ladder braced Fraulini Erma. It is not like most other ladder braced guitars I have played...it has some honk, but also has a very sweet sound. It can play anything....classical, old time blues, ragtime, jazz, fingerstyle... I have owned this guitar for almost 10 years no, by far the longest I have owned a guitar. It is not going anywhere ever.
Old 10-17-2019, 06:08 AM

Love the photos. So here are a couple of favorites.

1930s Oscar Schmidt-made Galiano Jumbo. Spruce over mahaohany. Cool Gibson-esque burst.

1942 Harmony H165 Stella. For whatever reason Harmony iniially chose to market the H165 all-mahohany Grand Concert as a Stella. They continued to use the old underlined Schmidt "Stella" logo until sometime in 1943.

Ca. 1938 Kay K6. A pretty fancy 00 size guitar with tortoise neck and multiply top binding. One of the first to bear the simple "Kay" moniker.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion