The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-17-2019, 07:43 AM

Takamine EF-340tt...same dimensions at the D-18..half the money...outstanding tone and construction...I have one...check them out.
Old 10-17-2019, 08:07 AM

"I have to say that it concerns me a bit that the two examples I played differed so greatly"

Seems you changed your tone somewhat. I think we all thought you where in a serious buy mode. Regarding the statement above, does it concern you for the sake of Martin and GC? Again, if you where serious about buying and the one really reached out to you, what difference would the other of the same make/model matter? That scenario is more common than not and the reason many suggest playing several.
Old 10-17-2019, 02:32 PM

two years ago I attended a Martin Clinic at my fav. mom/pop music store. The demo player (Corey IIRC) was an incredible player, able to easily slide between playing styles to best show off the various Martin models. Then he grabbed the 000-18. That did it for me. That 000-18 was head and shoulders above in tone that night, it certainly had the acoustic tone I had been hearing in my head. Fast Froward to now, and I've found myself a very nice pre-owned 000-18 and my acoustic gas has been defeated. I put a Fishman Elipse Aura pickup in it and adding in the Martin supplied model of the guitar to the pickup makes it so easy to dial in great mic'd tone in any room. A very pleased 000-18 owner here.
Old 10-17-2019, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHS View Post
Takamine EF-340tt...same dimensions at the D-18..half the money...outstanding tone and construction...I have one...check them out.

OP wanted 000-18 type suggestions. D is a different animal.

Martin Custom Authentic 000-28 1937

Martin 1944 00-18

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion