The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-07-2018, 07:14 AM

Default Graph Tech - Tusq Picks

Recently swapped out a bone saddle for a Tusq and then added Tusq pins. Made a huge difference for the better on a Masterworks MDA70CE - solid rosewood back and sides and Sitka Spruce top.

Got a mixed bag of Tusq picks. They are literally SLICK and play great. Produce more projection than Fender mediums. Now to decide what thickness I want to stay with. I was surprised at the difference. Not expensive and far better than plastic IMHO. Of course what I just said is subjective, but I really like them.
Old 09-07-2018, 11:17 AM

I got the white "bright" and beige "warm" Tusq picks. Like them a lot - use the 1.0 mm thickness ones - they do wear out with heavy strumming - they just begin to get smaller on the tip your using a lot, the tone never changes, and I did find them to bring out the crisp nature of the strings in both acoustic and electric playing. I did a back to back and did find the Dunlop Ultex 1.0mm's to be just as bright as the white Tusq picks, without the seemingly easy wear. YMMV.
Old 09-07-2018, 01:54 PM

I use Tusq picks only because the raised logo on them helps me hang on to them. They don't seem to drag on the strings as much either.
Old 09-07-2018, 02:32 PM

I tried them and while I quite liked the tone I found that they wore out really fast.
Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Special
Yamaha BB414 Bass
Old 09-07-2018, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulp1960 View Post
I tried them and while I quite liked the tone I found that they wore out really fast.
You gotta admit, THAT business model makes a LOT more sense than the other one...…..

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkomGsMJXH9qn-xLKCv4WOg

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion