The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-27-2011, 05:58 PM

Default Travel guitar for me: and the winner is...

Voyage Air VAOM-02.
I've read everything I could here about Voyage Air, checked out their website and listened to a lot of YouTube videos. I made a special trip to Knoxville [which is quite rare for me. I don't like traffic or crowds.] to try out the GS Mini and it just didn't do it for me. And I'm a BIG Taylor fan and owner of three. I just couldn't justify that amount of money for something to take to the woods with me or to travel with on my Harley.
Taking a leap of faith, I found this VAOM-02, new, at a good price and ordered it. It came today and I have to say that I am really surprised at what I got. The guitar plays well straight out of the box so I'm sure after I do a little tweaking and add a Colossi saddle, Elixer PB's and the recommended Shaler tuners, it'll be a real keeper. I'm amazed at the volume and tone coming from a laminate top. I know I could have spent a little more and got the solid top, but for what I'm going to use it for, the laminate seemed to be the safest and best bet.
Thanks to all my friends here on AGF who helped me make my decision with you honest opinions testimonials.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:26 PM

For hiking and biking, you've made a good choice. Full size and transportable. Enjoy!
Old 12-27-2011, 06:38 PM

A hearty congratulations to you on your new "folder"!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion