The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-04-2011, 11:10 AM

Default I am making a blog listing what is available for left handed guitarest

so lets hear what brand and model of guitars you have. and what you think about them. we all know as a lefty its hard to find nice guitars at times, especially if your a new guy. here is the link to my blog so far. i would like to start adding more brands to the list and even some reviews if you would like to share your reviews on the guitars.

I am not sure if i am allowed to post a link to the blog or not so i will not till i find out. but this blog is just basically going to be a resource for lefty guitar payers to find out what is available to them and stuff like that. and its going to be for electric and acoustic guitars.
genz benz shenandoah acoustic 88
aria pro III
egnater tourmaster 4212

http://www.youtube.com/user/dannylightning

http://www.myspace.com/dannylightningrocks
Old 08-04-2011, 02:08 PM

I am a lefty and purchased a left-handed Fender Tim Armstrong Hellcat guitar. I really love the look of this guitar but most importantly it sounds great. The size of the guitar is perfect for me as I think it is a bit thinner than most. It is very comfortable to hold and to play. For the price I am very very happy as like I said it really sounds great. Cheers.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:28 PM

I'm a left handed player, although to be honest I don't know exactly what the aim of your blog necessarily is. There's a few dedicated left-hand guitarist forums out there, so in that respect left-hand guitar resources are out there. Plus most manufacturers do list there left-hand selection, or build them per request with no charge. Good luck nonetheless.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:34 PM
Perennially Maladroit

Here's the FIRST place I'd send a lefty looking for a guitar & stringed instruments, whether electric or acoustic. Good prices, good selection in a broad range or both used & brand new, and Jerry's a great guy.

http://www.jerrysleftyguitars.com/

I stopped buying retail (off-the-shelf) and started going with custom-built left-handed guitars about 10 years ago. I discovered once you have a quality guitar built to your personal preferred specs, it almost spoils the experience of what you find in most stores (providing, that is, you can even find a nice lefty in a store). You can see the four customs (one mini-jumbo, one 6-string jumbo, one 12-string jumbo, one slope-shoulder dreadnought) I have under my sig. I do also have a 1984 horabe classical , but unfortunately, I rarely am able to work it into the 'rotation.'

I've sold a lefty Yamaha dread, Takamine 12-string dread, a Taylor 555 12-string jumbo, Taylor 812 grand concert & a baby Taylor.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion