The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-21-2001, 01:03 PM

Lightbulb Travel Taylor

In another thread on traveling Derek (Muzz76) writes that he has taken the neck off of his baby and packed it in his carry on. Wouldn't be great if Taylor would make a Travel Baby for those of us who spend too much time on an airplane.

Now I think it needs to be a special for several reasons:
- I believe the neck screws are of the dry wall variety and repeated removal would be problematic.
- I can fix the problem with insert threads and the appropriate bolts but doing so would probably void my warranty.
- Taylor could provide a travel bag that would hold the baby, have pockets for underwear, toiletries, tuners, capos, etc. etc. and a large pocket to hold music or (more-likely) that ever present millstone, the lap top computer.

They could make a special tone ring laser engraving that could say something like "Frequent Flyer Special" or something pithy like "Viya con Boeing"

You know you want one... Imagine the joy of being stuck at some airport on some interminable delay and coming across one or more people with Taylor 'Frequent Player' Bags.

Note to Bob Taylor: No royalty needed for this idea, just let us loyal forum members have first dibs at these jewels.
Old 11-21-2001, 01:11 PM

Talking

Oh, I imagine Bob is dropping the case issue like a hot potato so he can redirect all his energies to this brainstorm.
If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Romans 12:18
Old 11-21-2001, 01:14 PM

They could sell them at the airport for $1000 each to go along with those $20 sandwiches.

Ken
Old 11-21-2001, 06:08 PM

Cool

I like the idea of a takedown model where you twist the neck and it all comes apart and a simple lever retightens the strings to a near perfect tune. A tuner built into the top of the guitar. The case should open like a breifcase with a strap, extra picks, mini amp and sheet music and small laptop. After all James Bond is getting old and a little music would draw in the ladies. hehe! JW

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion