The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-20-2008, 12:07 PM

What happened that made you crash so hard? I am glad you were able to start playing again. That is really inspiring.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK! View Post
What happened that made you crash so hard? I am glad you were able to start playing again. That is really inspiring.
What Commander Cody called "too much fun." I'm being facetious, of course. A day of smoking dope and snorting coke and meth with "friends" combined with taking a curve WAY too fast on my '68 Sportster.

It DID help me sort out my priorities. Almost losing the ability to play made me take take a hard look at the way I was living and I decided to make some changes. It wasn't an immediate decision, but I quit doing drugs. Had to let some "friendships" go as well. Many of those folks I was partying with back then are dead or in prison today. I could see that coming my direction and that wasn't the future I wanted, nor did I want my wife to leave me. I've been drug-free since September, 1980 and my wife and I are still married. We celebrated our 36th anniversary this past March. I'm still picking. Life is good.

Thanks for the good word. I've never considered myself to be particularly inspirational, but if my experience can encourage someone to keep playing or get back into it (or make other changes in their lives), I'll take the compliment.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion