The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-08-2008, 09:45 AM
Charter Member

Default The Best Deal Around!

I have this same guitar and I couldn't be happier!

I also got it from Jim, great guy!

I put a bone saddle on mine and I also installed the pickguard.

I put on a set of Martin S/P Light/Med P/B and it seems to sound a bit sweeter? I'll be trying out other types and see how it enhances the sound.

PTL!
Old 04-09-2008, 06:42 AM

Default Yes!

engr_scotty,

I had a GS4e just like yours and loved it what a GREAT guitar! Very nice "does it all well" guitar. KEEP YOURS. I wish I had kept mine, but reality told me otherwise.

No matter if you strum light, strum hard, fingerpick lightly or firmly, that guitar will do it all well, mine did.

Nice choice.... a keeper for sure!

Enjoy every moment with it!

Collings; Taylor; Don Grosh electric; Collings Electric; Taylor K4
Old 04-09-2008, 02:05 PM

Congrats on your new GS4e-LTD. How would you describe the sound of the 'Blackwood'? Is it more like Mahogany, Rosewood or ???

I have been looking at this model on Musiciansfriend for some time now. I have to be honest I am not thrilled witht the ES system but if the guitar sounds 'that' good I'd pull the trigger.

Rich D
Old 04-09-2008, 03:21 PM
There is none like you.

Congrats..................
Old 04-09-2008, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richda View Post
Congrats on your new GS4e-LTD. How would you describe the sound of the 'Blackwood'? Is it more like Mahogany, Rosewood or ???

I have been looking at this model on Musiciansfriend for some time now. I have to be honest I am not thrilled witht the ES system but if the guitar sounds 'that' good I'd pull the trigger.

Rich D
I think it responds similar to mahogany, but not exactly..excellent midrange, good highs and lows. Very responsive. When I want it to kick, she'll kick. I played a GS5, GS4e, and GS7 in a trial room at the same time. The GS5 had the most pronouced bass, while the GS7 had more high end. The GS4e fell squarely between them (I know they have different tops -cedar on the other two). I've heard that tasmanian blackwood sounds like Koa, but I've never heard that...

One thing I would caution: ordering a guitar without hearing it. I think I mentioned this earlier in the thread about playing 3 of them and deciding on one...I am usually an internet buyer, but I really recommend hands-on if at all possible.

Also, I've got to mention that Jim at guitarrodeo dot com has some very very good deals. The best. Period. And I shopped around a lot before deciding (he also has 100% buyback, for when you want to upgrade). Hope that helps -- send me a pm if you want more detail....

g'luck !
JBL EON One Compact
Too many harmonicas!

"I never met a guitar I didn't like..."

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion