The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 04-20-2024, 02:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Young View Post
I've done that a far bit in Logic (as well as some earlier DAWs). You can basically draw in any curve you want. It's a lot of work to program in where you want to be "rubato" or where you'd like to slowly increase the tempo, but it can be done. I've also changed time signature to support fermatas, and so on. Useful when you're working with others. I'm happy being "expressive" with time on a solo guitar piece, but if I want to ask others to overdub something, asking them to follow my free time can be a bit much. Having a click track, even if it's varying in tempo makes that all much more feasible. And having the time actually vary can help keep it from being overly stiff.
Yes after I posted I realized when I said I am uncertain if one can automate a ramp up or down in tempo = I was thinking for b1j "in studio one" (because the "metronome" feature does not appear to be a regular plugin ) I'll have to play around with S1 to see if it is doable
In PT with the click plugin it would be easy to just choose the tempo/speed as the parameter to automate, and then in that automation lane draw in, or create points and slide the relative speed change over the chosen selection range

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2024.3 Sonoma 14.4

Last edited by KevWind; 04-20-2024 at 02:22 PM.
Old 04-20-2024, 02:25 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Yes after I posted I realized when I said I am uncertain if one can automate a ramp up or down in tempo = I was thinking for b1j "in studio one" (because the "metronome" feature does not appear to be a regular plugin ) I'll have to play around with S1 to see if it is doable
In PT with the click plugin it would be easy to just choose the tempo/speed as the parameter to automate, and then in that automation lane draw in, or create points and slide the relative speed change over the chosen selection range
I Logic, it's a built in feature, on a header above the tracks view, not a plugin. I think at this point, all DAWs have 99.9% the same features, it's just a matter of what they call it and where they hide it.
Old 04-21-2024, 04:20 PM
Eric Skye

Quote:
... I suspect the total of all my audio recordings over decades don't add up to as much as a single video project! ..
Oh man, this is so true!!
Old 04-22-2024, 02:12 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I Logic, it's a built in feature, on a header above the tracks view, not a plugin. I think at this point, all DAWs have 99.9% the same features, it's just a matter of what they call it and where they hide it.
JUST spend a bit fiddling with Studio One and yes it is a feature up in the header and yes you can ramp it selectively or just entire sections

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Old 04-22-2024, 02:17 PM
Charter Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
JUST spend a bit fiddling with Studio One and yes it is a feature up in the header and yes you can ramp it selectively or just entire sections
I wish I didn’t know this.

2019 Martin D-18, LR Baggs Element VTC
2021 Gibson 50s J-45 Original, LR Baggs Element VTC
Old 04-23-2024, 07:12 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1j View Post
I wish I didn’t know this.

Ah yes the promise and curse of modern DAWs they all have extensive feature sets that most of us will never use.
But the good news is, much like the local buffet restaurant you don't have to try to pile every item on your plate at once ....

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube

System :

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD