The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-25-2024, 07:58 AM

Default PSA: Baby Wipes

So my recently retired wife is going through every room in the house (or was, she just had rotator cuff surgery) and "getting this junk out of here." She did the bathroom closet some weeks ago and brought me a pack of baby wipes, saying they had somehow gotten opened and were dried out and maybe I wanted them for rags. I accepted and pretty much forgot them until I was straightening up in here yesterday and discovered them again.

Now, this is important I think, when she said "dried out" she meant dried out. Our youngest grandchild has not used diapers for 2 years and that has to be the reason they were in there. They come out of the pack literally as dry as a tissue. With the sunrise this morning I could see junk all over my Fg840 so I figured I would try one of those wipes. It worked wonderfully! It has two sides, one is flat and the other is a little fluffier. With no polish or anything I cut the junk right off that guitar with the flat side and sort of buffed it up with the softer side. This is, of course, a poly finish guitar but I was still surprised and pleased at how well it worked.

These are "Huggies simply clean fragrance free wipes". I don't know if that makes a difference but I want to reiterate, these things could be no drier if you left them in the Sahara, if they were anything but completely dry who knows, maybe they are a disaster. Just thought I'd share.
Old 02-25-2024, 01:49 PM

Nope. But good story.
2022 Breedlove Oregon Series CE Blackberry
2023 Eastman E20D-MR-TC
1973 Hohner Contessa HG-22 Slothead Steel 12-fret
1977 Continental something-or-other Nylon

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion