The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-08-2004, 07:52 PM
Charter Member

Default Happy Easter to all TGF'ers...COTTEN????

First, from my home to yours....

Hope your Easter weekend is filled with music, and blessed with family and friends!

And, Cotten (and other friends)....Which Taylor are you playing this weekend????

Happily,

Nate
Old 04-08-2004, 08:02 PM

Happy Easter to all!!! I just played my SC-20 Breedlove tonight at mass and sunday I will be playing my Taylor 814BCE. Gotta pull out the best for the occassion!!
Old 04-08-2004, 09:32 PM

Dear Cotten,

I sent you an email earlier this week. I am not sure, if you have received it. I wish you have a safe and very enjoyable trip to Eastern Europe this month.

Faithfully Yours,
612C COTTEN little sister
XXMC i'm sensitive
Old 04-08-2004, 11:45 PM

THANKS, Nate - you too, buddy! I'll be playing both my Taylors as much as possible, which won't be nearly enough. It's a very busy time for people like me.

I was sitting on my front steps late one afternoon earlier this week, enjoying my Cotten 612, when a new neighbor jogged by. In a few minutes he jogged back, but this time stopped to chat and admire my guitar and my playing. (Tells you something about him already, doesn't it? He's an early beginner as a guitarist, but he's having a ball.) He may change his mind later, but right now he would one day love to own one of the eighty-one Cottens. Then he could join you, Pollajak and me for some great music on our sibling guitars. (I know what you call up to about eight identical siblings, but what do you call 81?!)

Pollajak, thanks to you, too, for remembering me and my upcoming trip to Moldova and Prague. I'll be making music several times each day, but will not be able to take a guitar. My voice and handbells will just have to do. Oh, and maybe a recorder or two.

Nice to have friends here! I appreciate you guys!

Blessings,
cotten
Old 04-09-2004, 11:38 AM

What does this mean? John Cotten, do you mean to say you own 81 guitars? Are they Taylors or just, different ones...wow

wow
Old 04-09-2004, 11:59 AM

Red face YAY!!!

HAPPY EASTER EVERYBODY! One of my favorite times of the year cause of the egg shaped reese's peanut butter cups
2004 Fender "American" Stratocaster Deluxe
2006 Fender Eric Johnson Stratocaster
2005 Fender 52 reissue Telecaster
1997 Fender Jimi Hendrix Stratocaster
1992 Gibson Chet Atkins SST
1978 DiGiorgio Conservatorio #2
1967 Vincente Sanchis Badia Classical
www.myspace.com/garagebossa
Old 04-09-2004, 12:10 PM

Happy Easter!

I'll be playing my 814ce for 1 service tomorrow evening and 3 services Sunday morning. I also be playing my Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport (wow, that's a mouthful).

1997 Taylor 814ce
Goodall AKJ
Old 04-09-2004, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelsgirl
What does this mean? John Cotten, do you mean to say you own 81 guitars? Are they Taylors or just, different ones...wow
Only in my dreams, Elizabeth! Sorry if it came out that way. What I meant to convey was that Taylor only made 81 of the 612c Cotten Specials, and that Nate, Pollajak and I have one each of them.

My guitar count includes 2 Taylors, an Epiphone Sheraton II archtop, a couple of Takamine classicals, a Fender acoustic bass and an old Epiphone 12-string beater. I'm not real good at math, but I think that's not quite 81.

I consider myself fortunate. I've got 2 Taylors!

cotten
Old 04-09-2004, 02:35 PM

Octy-0neplets? hehe
Taylor 110 GB
Ovation Patriot
Old 04-09-2004, 03:37 PM

Happy Easter all you AGF'ers.

Russ
Old 04-10-2004, 10:37 AM

Happy Easter to all.

Midnight Shadow
Old 04-10-2004, 10:45 AM

happy easter to all!!!

2006 514ce
1998 Yamaha APX 6A
Old 04-10-2004, 02:42 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotten
Only in my dreams, Elizabeth! Sorry if it came out that way. What I meant to convey was that Taylor only made 81 of the 612c Cotten Specials, and that Nate, Pollajak and I have one each of them.

My guitar count includes 2 Taylors, an Epiphone Sheraton II archtop, a couple of Takamine classicals, a Fender acoustic bass and an old Epiphone 12-string beater. I'm not real good at math, but I think that's not quite 81.

I consider myself fortunate. I've got 2 Taylors!

cotten
Me, too! I will not be using either in the Easter service, though. I just got a Godin LGX-SA, and I must say that I am floored by how nice it is; therefore, gotta use the new toy tomorrow! Plays like a dream, and is quite a looker. It has a AA quilted maple top, stained in blue. It kinda matches my 612CE in quilted maple stained in purple. This will look great on stage. I really look forward to using its synth capabilites, but I have to get a GR-33 first.
My guitar count: 3 Yamaha electrics (SE300 Strat w/ EMG's, a Pacifica 921, and a GX-1 [one of only 12 in the USA]), my two Taylors (a 612CE and a 2002 LTD 814CE w/ cocobolo), an Ibanez Talman electric w/ lipstick tube pickups, another Godin (ACS-SA Slim, which is getting ready to be ebayed so I can get the non-slim one - I am having trouble with the tiny neck - great guitar, though), 2 G&L's (a legacy and an ASAT), an early-mid 90's charcoal grey Parker Fly Deluxe (my main performing electric guitar - Parker makes wonderful electric guitars), two Yamaha basses, and a black '70 Les Paul Custom on loan from my aunt. That makes thirteen plus one!
Happy Easter, y'all!
Old 04-11-2004, 05:41 AM

Happy Easter to all the AGF folks around this great big world!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion