The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-26-2013, 01:18 AM
Charter Member

hmmm,..

Old 12-14-2013, 01:29 AM

Bump for more feedback. Anyone nabbed one of these? Still haven't seen one in person.
Old 12-14-2013, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkgtr View Post
hmmm,..

You beat me to it. Top looks just like my RK. RNJ-25 . (A nitro-finished step up from the cheaper model in this picture).
Which I did buy, mail order, unplayed, just for the Gibsonesque look.

My Martins look like Martins.

I am not knocking the CEO 7... Never saw one in the flesh. I am certain it would kill my RK.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:09 AM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Jon View Post
You beat me to it. Top looks just like my RK. RNJ-25 . (A nitro-finished step up from the cheaper model in this picture).
Which I did buy, mail order, unplayed, just for the Gibsonesque look.

My Martins look like Martins.

I am not knocking the CEO 7... Never saw one in the flesh. I am certain it would kill my RK.

Agreed...and that Rnj-25 is a great find!...
Old 12-14-2013, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-28 View Post
I see it as subtle humor where Mr. Martin can present a guitar that shares some signature traits from other manufacturers since they have all been stealing Martin's designs for years. ....Mike
+1
max......
Old 12-14-2013, 10:11 AM

Hi JPD ! Ha ha ! You've already got an RK RNJ 25. ?! Very nice guitar, (headstock a little OTT maybe).
I have no idea if mine sounds, or plays, anything like a real Gibby "Nick Lucas". Nobody in my circle owns one to compare.
I really did just buy it cuz I wanted a nice 00 size tobacco 'burst, obviously I researched as much as pos first. These are consistently pretty well reviewed.
Thomanns in Germany have run out, and RK have now discontinued this model, so I'm glad I got mine when I did.
Only had it 4 or 5 months. Sounds good already, I hope it will continue to improve.
What strings you using ? I've just taken off the Martin 13-56 's (that I put on everything) and am trying some John Pearse pure nickel lights.... Jury still out.

Sorry, this was meant to be about CEO 7. Apologies for absent-minded thread hi-jack!
Old 12-14-2013, 10:17 AM

Pretty good video review.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsoYwY1BoLE
Old 12-14-2013, 12:46 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Jon View Post
Hi JPD ! Ha ha ! You've already got an RK RNJ 25. ?! Very nice guitar, (headstock a little OTT maybe).
I have no idea if mine sounds, or plays, anything like a real Gibby "Nick Lucas". Nobody in my circle owns one to compare.
I really did just buy it cuz I wanted a nice 00 size tobacco 'burst, obviously I researched as much as pos first. These are consistently pretty well reviewed.
Thomanns in Germany have run out, and RK have now discontinued this model, so I'm glad I got mine when I did.
Only had it 4 or 5 months. Sounds good already, I hope it will continue to improve.
What strings you using ? I've just taken off the Martin 13-56 's (that I put on everything) and am trying some John Pearse pure nickel lights.... Jury still out.

Sorry, this was meant to be about CEO 7. Apologies for absent-minded thread hi-jack!
Hey LJ! JP pure nickel wound 12's for me...I really like their sound on the Rnj-25. Okay, hijack complete. J.D.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd View Post
Hey LJ! JP pure nickel wound 12's for me...I really like their sound on the Rnj-25. Okay, hijack complete. J.D.
Is is possible to hi-jack your own thread??

Anyone else have hands on experience with this model? Sounds like it could be a real winner for Martin.

On a side one are the CEO's limited editions or would they continue production if one had enough popularity?
Old 12-14-2013, 12:56 PM
AGF Sponsor

The CEO-7 is not a limited edition.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFG View Post
The CEO-7 is not a limited edition.
Thanks Jon, you may be hearing from me about one of these in the near future
Old 12-14-2013, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtime View Post
Is is possible to hi-jack your own thread??

Anyone else have hands on experience with this model? Sounds like it could be a real winner for Martin.

On a side one are the CEO's limited editions or would they continue production if one had enough popularity?
I have mine for a little over a week and also own a 2008 00-18V. The CEO-7 is quite different...more volume, sustain and overtones. A little more low end as well. I attribute this to Adi top and bracing, wider lower bout, and perhaps the strait line bridge which is less mass on the top compared to the 00-18V's belly bridge. This model caught my eye the moment I read about it and motivated me to finally part with my '72 D-18. Compared to what's out there (from Martin and others) this guitar is a steal...an absolute gem.

This is not a limited edition but I wouldn't count on Martin continuing production beyond this year, judging by previous specials. Anyone considering purchase should bear this in mind.
Old 12-14-2013, 02:28 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibassham View Post
Bump for more feedback. Anyone nabbed one of these? Still haven't seen one in person.
The 14th St NYC Platinum Guitar Center had one that I played ~ 2 weeks ago. Really nice guitar! Good bottom end, plenty of volume, fantastic mod-v neck, and great balanced tone all around.

Sounded great fingerpicked and strummed. This is going to be heresy to some, but I liked the tone and playability of this guitar better than any of the 5 000-18GE's I've played to date.

I'm on the fence about ordering one however, because I really have my heart set on another Collings OM.

For Sale: 2023 Collings D2H 1 3/4 Nut, Adi Bracing, NTB -- $4000 shipped
Old 01-08-2014, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brencat View Post
The 14th St NYC Platinum Guitar Center had one that I played ~ 2 weeks ago. Really nice guitar! Good bottom end, plenty of volume, fantastic mod-v neck, and great balanced tone all around.

Sounded great fingerpicked and strummed. This is going to be heresy to some, but I liked the tone and playability of this guitar better than any of the 5 000-18GE's I've played to date.

I'm on the fence about ordering one however, because I really have my heart set on another Collings OM.
Thanks. Man, Im dying to play one!
Old 01-09-2014, 03:44 PM

Played a CEO-7 last week... it's the real deal. I liked it just as much as the OM-18 Authentic that I played in the same store.

1943 Gibson J-45
Martin Custom Shop 000-28 Authentic Aged 1937
Voyage Air VAOM-4
IBG Epiphone J-200 Aged Antique

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion