The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-26-2009, 08:07 PM
AGF Sponsor

I am pretty sure he is the front man for many "artists". I seem to remember that he is a consignment dealer. If you look at the volume of stuff he has on ebay there is no way one person can turn out that volume of work alone.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:26 PM

Location: Jackson, LA in body......North Carolina mountains in spirit

Been following this thread....I spend too much time on eBay and have always wondered about these guitars. VERY beautiful for whatever that's worth. I love my Martin D-15 hog - absolutely no bling but the sweetest sounds I've ever made. Needless to say, I won't be bidding on any of these "wood products". Sorry to hear of your misery.....I'm wondering - like others - why you didn't just try ONE first.

Somewhere around 200 strings attached to various shapes, sizes, and types of wood. Real P.I.T.A. when it comes time to tune!!!!
Old 02-26-2009, 11:53 PM

^^ thats the thing though, they dont look appealing at all... All that inlay means nothing because its cheaply done and you can spot that from a mile away... At least I can. Plus it's just plain downright ugly.

And honestly I have no problem saying this- so sorry to those who I offend.

- Cornerstone Zion - German Spruce/Sinker Redwood Double Top with Madagascar Rosewood B/S and Koa Bevel/Binding

Incoming:
- MichaudMade OM-R Flamed Brazillian R/W & Euro Spruce
Old 02-27-2009, 12:13 AM
Me

Davidleigh,
I'm very sorry about your trouble.
I hope this serves as a good reminder to all that if you want a great guitar, you should think about buying one from the AGF sponsors.
Have you had a good look at that list. It is an amazing collection of talent.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:13 AM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fliss View Post
Welcome to the forum, Davidleigh1.

Sorry to hear about your guitars As has been said, most builders will stand by their work if there are problems, but if the builder is based a long way from where you are, then even if they will do so, the cost of returning the guitar to get work carried out may be more than would be realistic, for the value of the guitars. Have you taken them to a local luthier to get them checked out?

Fliss
thanks, they are passed saving
Dave
Old 02-27-2009, 07:21 AM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mud4feet View Post
Been following this thread....I spend too much time on eBay and have always wondered about these guitars. VERY beautiful for whatever that's worth. I love my Martin D-15 hog - absolutely no bling but the sweetest sounds I've ever made. Needless to say, I won't be bidding on any of these "wood products". Sorry to hear of your misery.....I'm wondering - like others - why you didn't just try ONE first.
I knew they needed setting up and working on which I can do, I Love doing it but I did not expect them to crack up and the first three were ok for a few months the other two were on their way when I found out what was happening I'm just trying to help others ,thats all it's my loss.
Dave
Old 02-27-2009, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btdvox View Post
^^ thats the thing though, they dont look appealing at all... All that inlay means nothing because its cheaply done and you can spot that from a mile away... At least I can. Plus it's just plain downright ugly.

And honestly I have no problem saying this- so sorry to those who I offend.
Hindsight is a wonerful thing ! And one man's picasso is another man's mess
Old 02-27-2009, 07:27 AM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
Davidleigh,
I'm very sorry about your trouble.
I hope this serves as a good reminder to all that if you want a great guitar, you should think about buying one from the AGF sponsors.
Have you had a good look at that list. It is an amazing collection of talent.
Thanks
Dave
Old 02-27-2009, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
I know someone who has smoked 2 packs a day for 60 years and doesn't have cancer.
Hindsight is wonderful!
Old 02-27-2009, 10:01 AM
Bang for the Buck Guitars

sorry about your troubles david. at this point, if the builder won't take them back, i'm not sure what you can do to recover your losses.

have you talked to a local luthier? maybe there are ways to make them playable again; i don't know if it's worth the trouble. up to you

i personally hates sales people who sell crap and runs away with your money. i hate inaccurate/ missleading claims. zager, esteban, now let's add david wei.

were the guitars really sold without warrenty?

$2500 is a very nice budget, with used collings, santa cruz, and many others in the strike range.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:12 PM

Aww, I am so sorry that this has happened to you. You must be heartbroken. I don't need to know why you bought five. I assume you were a believer until things started to go wrong. I wish people were not fixating on that. No doubt you have learned a consumer lesson from this experience and I wish you far better satisfaction on your next foray into purchasing.

Please do keep posting.

Meanwhile, I hope you always have a playable guitar at your side and can find some sort of remedy to your current situation. Good luck.
Pono OO-20
Pono OP-30DC
Old 02-27-2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidleigh1 View Post
I knew they needed setting up and working on which I can do, I Love doing it but I did not expect them to crack up and the first three were ok for a few months the other two were on their way when I found out what was happening I'm just trying to help others ,thats all it's my loss.
Dave

You mean this seller wouldn't take the 2 guitars back that were "on the way" in lieu of the trouble you were having with the first 3? You mentioned that he said it was "your fault" the guitars were cracking, but could you give us the details of your attempt to return them? You gave this guy business on 5 guitars. Was he completely uncooperative on all counts to return these POS guitars? It would seem to me that you need to take this to higher powers. This place needs to be reported big-time. They should have very very bad feedback ratings on Ebay, but apparently don't because the guitars hold up long enough to leave positive feedback. What a shame!!! I still wonder if there isn't more you can do here. Don't give up yet....

Ryan
Old 02-27-2009, 02:27 PM

You didnt question their quality when they said they were coming from Ho chi Minh City, Viet Nam? Hmm I've never heard of a quality product even coming from Viet Nam of any type, let alone an acoustic guitar. Hmm, was just looking at one of his guitars he was wanting 6 bills for, hmm could buy a pretty nice used guitar for that kind of $, I will no longer buy from ebay unless I am sure of the product I am buying, the seller has outstanding feedback and is located in USA.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:45 PM

if you payed with paypal, file a dispute. paypal will end in your favor. make sure to leave bad feedback so other people know
Old 02-27-2009, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Stringer View Post
Hmm I've never heard of a quality product even coming from Viet Nam of any type, let alone an acoustic guitar.
Don't be foolish. Baden guitars and Ampeg amplifiers are made there.

A well made product can come from anywhere, hence why the global economy exists as it does today.

It's up an individual company to produce said quality product, however.

These appear to to be one example of something that should be avoided like the plague.

To the thread starter: here's why you should never trust eBay resellers. There are tons of quality guitar makers in the same price range that you can look into.

Hope it gets resolved either way.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion