The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-13-2021, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terahertz View Post
I notice there are 3 screws at the bridge. Anyone know what are these screw for?
Expression 2 electronics.
Old 02-13-2021, 06:03 AM
Charter Member

GS Mini fans have received their solid wood requests with the GT line, and now the market seems frustrated by the price. And, I don’t think most will end up paying list price for these.

It may not be a guitar I want to bring home, but I have played one of these. Very nice guitar, with beautiful woods, and the case is no slouch. I give Taylor credit for this release. I think many will enjoy this guitar.
Old 02-13-2021, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsman View Post
To quote The Dude: "That's just like your opinion man"

I dislike giant guitars immensely. Unless you're spending a lot of time playing unamplified with banjos, basses, and other loud instruments there is no earthly reason you need a ginormous, ugly, and boomy dread or jumbo that takes up lots of space, is uncomfortable to play seated, and is way too bassy.
I agree with you both from a perspective on having a comfortable guitar and for more focused and mid-rangey tone. I love the nasally whine of a parlor, and it's the reason why it's the size of choice for ragtime and even fingerstyle blues players. It just works. Can you imagine how much worse that style would sound on a jumbo? You can do it but....

Horses for courses though, you can't take smallish guitars to a bluegrass jam. That's when the adirondack topped dread is needed.
Old 04-04-2021, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
Pretty guitar. Nice sound for a small bodied instrument. Not sure they could get $3,000 from me for one.
That is the year's price. Wait a couple of years and see where it is at.

Edit: Holy Crap. They go for 3299 EUR in Europe! Ouch!

https://www.facebook.com/RichardsBluesBand
https://www.facebook.com/RichardAbbuhlMusic

Richard's Blue Band on Spotify
Richard Abbuhl on Spotify
RichardAbbuhl.com
Old 04-27-2024, 01:07 AM

Default Bridge screws

These are to fine tune the piezo microphones under the bridge, there is three of these and each pick up two strings

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion