The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-15-2001, 03:31 PM

Question caskety cases

Hi as we get on into cold, dry weather, I was noticing that the (handsome, elegant, masterfully understated made-in-USA) cases to my two Taylors are getting kinda dry and whitish, kinda like the finish on a car oxidizes in the sun. I want to rejuvenate them.

I had a camper shell made of Revel/ABS, and I used to use Pledge to make it look like new. Too, I used to use baby oil on the plastic parts of my motorcycles (in my young, foolish, 100+ mph days) to remove that caskety whiteness and bring them back and make them look great.

Are either of these methods something you would use on your cases? Any other ideas?

TIA
Old 12-15-2001, 04:41 PM

Daniel,
I use a product called 303 Aerospace Protectant. It is terrific stuff! It applies like Armor All, but leaves no greasy residue (silicon)oil. You can find it in several different sizes on-line. Just do a search for the name. It is also very environmentally friendly. I used it on all my sea kayaks because of the "no residue" properties it has. Hope this helps!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion