The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-05-2005, 08:15 PM

Default Pickup Recomendations for the 655

Hi -

A 655ce is on my wish list but I can't quite swing the extra $$. So....one option I'm looking at is a 655 and outfitting with a good pickup system. I'm not really familiar with whats out there as I already own a 2000 814CE which has the older Fishman Prefix system. Does Fishman still make the Prefix and can it be installed in a 655 (also would I want to do this) ? Or is there something better ?

Plz jump in with your recommendations....
Old 02-05-2005, 11:12 PM

I just recently purchased a Taylor 555 and after a lot of searching, I'm installing a Fishman Rare Earth Blender. After a little bit of experimentation with the location of the boom mike, I was able to get exactly the sound I wanted - the same sound I fell in love with unplugged just louder through my PA. One of the other factors in my decision was that the installation does not require cutting a hole in your guitar!

Folkman
Old 02-05-2005, 11:34 PM

My opinion would be to save your pennies and get the ES.

ken
Yamaha SBG500

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion