The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-07-2014, 04:07 PM

Default Does anyone use streaming capabillaties for teaching

I mean, skype or teamspeak or one of the other streaming programs?
Nowadays we can send music over the web and even video, make direct contact with other musicians and talk to one another or play tracks.
It seems to me a vital tool for musicians all over the world who can not actually visit GIT or such alikes.
OK, there's plenty of stuff out there to watch and learn from but it's just not like having direct contact with someone who's willing to use these media.
Are there any media I could link up with , I mean direct communicating with others?

Ludwig
Old 10-07-2014, 05:05 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Beerhofen View Post
I mean, skype or teamspeak or one of the other streaming programs?
Nowadays we can send music over the web and even video, make direct contact with other musicians and talk to one another or play tracks.
It seems to me a vital tool for musicians all over the world who can not actually visit GIT or such alikes.
OK, there's plenty of stuff out there to watch and learn from but it's just not like having direct contact with someone who's willing to use these media.
Are there any media I could link up with , I mean direct communicating with others?

Ludwig
I've been teaching via Skype for almost 10 years now.

There's nothing like face to face, 1on1.

HE
Old 10-07-2014, 05:19 PM
Charter Member

Location: Stationary home in NJ. Mobile home on any given highway.

I've been using Skype many years now which works perfectly for folks that aren't within driving distance of my home.

I'll also email an mp3 of the song we're studying as well as tab in the form of a pdf file.

What makes lessons by Skype so beneficial is the use of Skype recorders. Many of my students are able to record their entire lesson using them.
Old 10-07-2014, 06:55 PM

I've been taking Skype lessons with a teacher in New York now for a couple of years.

Works fantastic. About the only thing we cannot do is play together because of the slight lag. Every now and then there is a technical problem that may mean a lesson postponement or reschedule, but that is pretty rare.

I am grateful that this technology exists which can put me, living in a remote part of Australia, in touch *real time* with one of the best guitar teachers in New York... 20 years ago this would have been all science fiction!
▌····║··(░)▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█████··
▐·······▄▄··▄▌··········ΦΦΦ···
·▀▀▄▄▄▀▀··▀▀··················
······························

» My name is Devan
» Guitar and Personal Blog.
» Guitar and Gear Review Site.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion