The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-01-2010, 05:49 PM

Default nonslip

I have a habit of putting leaning my guitar against the wall on my left for short breaks in playing. A music stand does not work as well for me, and the wall hanger means I have to get up out of the chair. I found a garden glove; cotten with the palm covered in small rubberized dots. I cut the palm out and stapled it to the wall where I rest the headstock. I always rest string side to the wall. This way I feel way more secure about it. I always worried about the headstock sliding on the wall before, especially if I was in a little bit of a hurry leaning it against the wall. Lately I have been playing along with tutorials and a guitar site or two and this was a small yet useful adjustment. I am watching the finish to see if the rubberized dots have any effect.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion