The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-19-2017, 03:27 PM

Default NGD Seagull entourage CW QIT

Little guilty pleasure here. I own a few much more expensive guitars but this one has been the one I'm picking up most of the time.
I picked it up a few times in the store and was impressed with the playability and sound of it. I like the matte finish as well. The first guitar I can remember that I don't need to do anything to set up wise. Neck is nice and straight and low enough action to play pretty much anything but high enough to pull out a little slide without hitting the frets.
Great all rounder and it's a little liberating not having to worry about someone grabbing my expensive guitar when I turn my back at the end of the night!
Interesting choice of woods as well, the maple neck which can be a little bright combined with the cedar top to mellow it out works surprisingly well. Add the laminated Cherry sides & back makes it very stable with the heat & humidity of our summers. I bought it for camping & just an easy grab & go and couldn't be happier. Highly recommended

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-19-2017, 04:35 PM

My Entourage is my main acoustic. I love it. I couldn't find anything else under $800 that came close when I was looking. Mine has a nice flame in the neck too. I shaved the bottom of the saddle a bit to bring the action down, but that's all I've ever done to it.
Old 06-19-2017, 04:41 PM

I was tempted to shave the saddle down a bit as well but for now I'm leaving it.
I tune to Eb and then drop D or open G from there. Even at that I've got very little string buzz so I'm not messing with it lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion