The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 03-10-2024, 07:57 PM

Default Vera Danilina

I'm considering the purchase of a classical guitar and have been researching the players and their instruments. Vera Danilina appeared in my YouTube suggestions.

I'm at a loss for words. One of the most spectacular talents I have ever seen. It is scary to think that she's only 24 or 25 years old.

Latulippe OM #17(Sinker Cedar/Indian Rosewood)
Latulippe Foxtrot #29 (electric)
Lavoie Modern Archtop #142 (White Spruce/Mun Ebony)
Benoît Raby Étude classical (2013, Spruce, Indian Rosewood)
Old 03-11-2024, 03:54 AM

She is a freak... No, seriously, she is an amazing player, but there are so many others incredible new players worth watching as well:
Anton Baranov, Matt Palmer, Marko Topchii, Anabel Montesinos... if I remember more, I will post their names here.
Old 03-13-2024, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor7 View Post
She is a freak... No, seriously, she is an amazing player, but there are so many others incredible new players worth watching as well:
Anton Baranov, Matt Palmer, Marko Topchii, Anabel Montesinos... if I remember more, I will post their names here.
... Kevin Loh, Alexandra Whittingham, Lovro Petric... the list goes on for 20-somethings. Really just and outstanding renaissance of talent in the CG world over the past few years. If we permit 40-somethings in this list, one can't overlook Marcin Dylla, Irina Kulikova, etc.

Last edited by Frosty; 03-13-2024 at 08:42 AM.
Old 03-19-2024, 05:44 PM

Vera Danilina deserves to be singled out, she is phenomenal not merely technically but in her unashamedly bold and expressive musicality. She is wonderfully independent and intentional. She is precisely not the sort of "one among many" the prevalence of which has made not only the classical guitar world but the classical music world in general rather dull these many decades.

To answer a post celebrating her with lists of other players comes across as an attempt to downplay her individuality and particular virtues.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical