The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-07-2003, 04:56 AM

Default Ordering A Taylor

can i somehow order a taylor direct from the factory?
if so how do i go about it?
feedback much appreciated
Old 07-07-2003, 05:30 AM

Nope... You have to order through your dealer.
Old 07-07-2003, 08:44 AM

Companies like Taylor would go out of business if they didn't have a strong dealer network to represent them and their products and work with customers to give them exactly what they need and want. If they were to cut out the dealer they would be undermine themselves.

Your only choice is with which of their authorized dealers you wish to do business. Unfortunately for people who do not live in America this means you don't have much of a selection of dealers unless you find a way to do business with an American dealer or come here on holiday or business and take one back with you. The same goes with other top quality American guitars.
Member #12

Acoustics:
1995 Taylor 510
1997 Taylor Custom Shop 14 size
1998 Taylor K-65 12 string
1998 Larrivee C-10E with Mucha Lady IR/Sitka

Electrics:
1999 PRS Custom 22 Artist Package - Whale Blue/Ebony
1995 Fender Custom Shop 1960 Strat - Dakota/Maple
1997 Fender California Series Fat Strat - CAR/Maple
1968 Teisco e-110 Sunburst/Maple
Old 07-07-2003, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim
Unfortunately for people who do not live in America this means you don't have much of a selection of dealers unless you find a way to do business with an American dealer or come here on holiday or business and take one back with you. The same goes with other top quality American guitars.
Now that's not entirely true! Whilst certainly some makes of American guitars are very difficult to find (from the smaller luthiers) it would be the same for you in the US to get hold of a guitar from a top English luthier...

Taylor however has a major distributor in the UK (and Europe) - not sure what its presence is like in the East but Taylor guitars are just about in every decent guitar shop now! OK the selection might be small in some places and you'll have to shop around a bit for the best prices but a trip to London yields many of their guitars within a very small walking distance!

Same goes with Martin (another top quality American guitar) - you'd be hard pressed to find a city that doesnt have a dealership!

Anything higher quality than that... i.e, talking about a guitar more than 3 or 4 thousand quid you'd be hard pressed to find anywhere anyway.
Old 07-08-2003, 04:43 AM

i do not have the money to go overseas and stuff
so basically i have to order from a dealer correct?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion