The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-13-2001, 05:40 PM

Question Places to buy Taylors and Dual Source on a 310

I really want to purchase a Taylor. The one I am looking at is the 310. There is only one store near me that carries Taylors. They have given me and range of what it might cost. I would like to know of any places I can call or email to see what kind of price other places will give me on a Taylor to see if I am getting a fair deal. Please help me out if you can. I can't wait to buy this guitar.
Thanks,
Wade
PS I'm not getting a CE because I want a mic and pickup mix. Is there anyway you can get a 310 with the LR Baggs Dual Source in it? And if so how much do you think that would be if it had to be special ordered? I would eventually get it put in and would like to know if it was better to go ahead and get it or wait.
Old 08-13-2001, 06:08 PM

Hi, Wade,

You already know that you can get a list of Taylor dealers from their web site, right? If not, here's the URL:
http://www.taylorguitars.com/dealers/

There have been several discussions on this site about dealers that offer better-than-average prices. The ones I remember are Buffalo Brothers in Southern California and Mass Street Music (don't remember where, maybe near Kansas City??).

Somebody will be along soon to tell you all about their favorite stores. My favorite is in Webster, Texas (half way between Houston and Galveston).
Old 08-13-2001, 06:28 PM

hey, another wade..with the same username...how dare you!

anyway, welcome to the forum, wade.

thanks.

no i was talking to the other wade.

my name is wade.

so is his.
Old 08-20-2001, 12:06 AM

Taylor does offer the Dual Source as an option, but you would have to special order it.

I would just buy the 310 from a store since they are fairly commonplace, and install the pickup later. You might be able to work out a deal with your local guitar tech on the installation since Taylor has the endpin jack pre-drilled (less labor).

Ken
Old 08-20-2001, 01:33 AM
Charter Member

Wade- check out buffalo brothers- great selection, service, prices, AND the ridiculously insane 100 percent upgrade policy...www.buffalobrosguitars.com good luck buying your taylor!

Ryan

(Insert one line representation of cleverness here)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion