The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-23-2008, 04:09 PM

Default creating a monster

A Gallagher G-50. Three weeks ago I put bone pins in and they enhanced everything that origanally attracted me to guitar's sound. Last night I thought the strings needed changing so today I took it in for strings and while I was there I decided to add an armrest. Since I've decided that this one's gonna stay I took the pickguard off. Then, after all was done and a change from DM Alchemy's to Pearse the tech brought it up to pitch, hit a lick and looked up and asked, "Is it just me?". He's known this G-50 for four years and he couldn't believe the difference. It went from a great guitar to off the charts great. He played it for half an hour and had a hard time putting it down to take care of customers. I guess the armrest and light spot where the guard was would look negative to the majority but let em hit a few licks and watch their jaws drop. Weeeeeeeeeoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion