The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-09-2001, 07:30 PM

Smile New Taylor

Hello all!

I am buying my first Taylor and have previously been drawn to more base and mid-range guitars. I have been playing an old Martin for about three years but have been very excited about the new Taylors. I also played a Taylor 25 anniversary dread. Sweet, but I would like to have the built-in pickups. What direction should I be focusing in. Thanks for insight. I'm a folk rock, Neal Young style lover if that helps.

[ 05-10-2001: Message edited by: Zig ]
Old 05-09-2001, 11:50 PM
AGF Owner & Founder

Talking

HEy, Zig! Welcome to the forum. You should check out the Taylor 810 - great guitar if you really like bass and mids. If you're interested in cedar, there's no finer example than the 714CE in my opinion. Very clear sound from top to bottom with incredible warmth and sparkle - you need to hear it to understand what I mean. I've been plugging away at James Taylor tunes the last few nights and I'm just so impressed with the sound of the 714CE. It sounds amazingly close to the sound that James has been getting on his last few albums. Of course he does frequently play a cedar/rosewood Olson. That could be the reason. Whatever the case, I'm really happy with the sound of the 714CE.

Regards,
J.R. Rogers

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion