The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 02-16-2024, 10:26 AM

Default Guilford Guitar pick up rings

Anybody here ever dealt with these guys at www.pickuprings.com? I placed an order with them 2 weeks ago and never received a confirmation, even tho the money was taken from my account immediately after ordering. I have tried to contact them via email and also thru the contact link on the site and have gotten no response. Just wondering if this is just the way they normally do business or something is up.
Old 02-18-2024, 08:32 PM

well, 4 emails and over 2 weeks and not a word. Time to cancel my charge card payment.
Old 02-18-2024, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes1971 View Post
well, 4 emails and over 2 weeks and not a word. Time to cancel my charge card payment.
I've seen a few of these "websites" that had a very "specific" url like this one does. That always sounds an alarm bell for me. If they can get even a few folks to fall for the bait then they are successful in getting what they REALLY want... your card number.

If indeed it was simply to gather your charge card information you might have a lot more trouble in store. Keep a VERY close watch on your charge card activity, and the problems might not pop up for quite a while. These characters are quite resourceful.
Old 02-18-2024, 09:43 PM

Actually used my pal pal charge, dont know if it makes a difference
Old 02-19-2024, 01:21 AM

try contacting him on his main site... https://www.guilfordguitars.com/
Old 02-19-2024, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly69 View Post
try contacting him on his main site... https://www.guilfordguitars.com/
Tried him on the link in the site, and 2 different email addresses, got no response. Got an email today from paypal, not the seller, that it is on its way.
Old 02-23-2024, 06:35 PM

Well the pick up rings arrived finally and still no response from the maker. The rings are supposed to fit a Les Paul that has standard humbuckers with mini humbuckers. While the quality seems to be good the rings dont come close to fitting. The mounting holes to attach to the body are wrong spacing, the holes for the adjustment screws dont line up, too close together and the cut out for the pick up body are cut about 3/8" too large all around, way to big for a mini and too small for a standard bucker. Now I have to contact him for a refund, good luck with that. I sent him an email with pics showing the mis fitting. I dont expect a reply. If I dont hear from him tomorrow I will notify paypal and file a dispute. STAY AWAY FROM GUILFORDGUITARS.COM
Old 03-02-2024, 01:19 PM

Update on this guy. I filed a dispute with paypal and he responded immediately. Claimed my emails went to his spam folder. Claims he made a mistake and sent me rings for a Gretsch. Said he would send me the right ones when I returned him the wrong ones. I told him I didnt want them now, I wanted a refund. No response, 5 more emails ignored so I contacted paypal again. Today I get a notice from paypal that he has shipped the replacements. Later I get an email from him telling me how he sent the replacements because his priority is to fullfil every order. If I dont want the new rings I will have to return both pairs and when I send him a tracking # he will refund my money.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars