The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-18-2008, 10:29 AM

Thumbs up My Favorite Guitar/financing/conclusion

I thought it would be great to post the conclusion of the matter that I had posted about earlier. The situation was this:

the financing terms were different than what Sharon described. She found out and took immediate action, calling customers. When all was said and done, we bailed out and she credited the finance company's card down to ZERO balance. They STILL sent a new bill with all sorts of strange fees; over $100 worth. I had a very tough time with the company.

Sharon dealt directly with the financing company and she was able to cut through the maze of being on hold, waiting for Supervisor, debating fees, etc and set things perfectly in order: Zero balance.

Sharon gave me the feeling that if I left it in her hands, there would be no residual stress; and I felt exactly that way with her.

She then handled the upgrade in case (hey, the OM 21 deserves the most protective and nice case, right?), with the usual My Favorite Guitar discount, trade in, UPS label included, cusomter service and by Thursday evening, my beloved OM-21 was safely in its new case. In fact, I got the tracking number almost before completing the transaction! (hey, it is nice to own a case that costs more than many of the junk guitars I owned when I was younger!).

I got the exact same treatment from them last year when I when I purchased the Martin LX1 for my daughter as when I was spending considerably more money on the OM 21. I like that.

I plan on picking up another LX1 for my son (ok, I like it too!), and will get it from My Favorite Guitar.

Again, thanks to the AGF members for the original referal to My Favorite Guitar. Being treated with respect goes a long way with me; so coupled with the great discounts, the problem-solving skills of Sharon, and having my dignity still in place after a sale; all come together to make me a repeat and loyal customer.

I thought this might help in light of how someone else posted today on how poorly he was treated by an owner who suspected he was not a serious buyer (he was! he was!)!
Old 10-18-2008, 11:08 AM

Jon and Sharon do a great job and would be worth buying from even if they did not have some of the lowest prices around. I have never gone wrong with them.

Jim
Old 10-21-2008, 05:35 PM

I bought my D-28 from MFG as well . Jon and Sharon treat you like a somebody and with great respect.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:44 PM

Totally satisfied MFG customer here as well!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion