The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-12-2024, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk2Me View Post
I remember when this thread concept first came up here not long ago.I also remember being one of the few who was vocal about how "low class" and "trashy" that made a perfectly good case look. In my humble opinion of course!
Good.Maybe no one will steal it.
Old 01-12-2024, 10:09 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade Hampton View Post

Trashy and low class as putting stickers on instrument cases may be, it has its practical benefits.

Wade Hampton Miller
Trashy and low class? What do the kids say these days?

Last edited by TomB'sox; 01-14-2024 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Rule number 1
Old 01-12-2024, 10:13 PM

One has a "Member RMMGA Inner Circle." Another (The Froggy) has "RMMGA Certified 100% TPOS." A third has a "Angler's Paradise 50th Anniversary Season" sticker. And one of my favorites is the "Dr. Zoggs Sex Wax" sticker.
Old 01-12-2024, 10:43 PM

Any sticker I get a hold of goes on my cases! So, a lot of music stuff, bands, of course, but a lot of fishing and hot rod stuff also. And a fair bite of industrial safety stickers as well. And my financial advisor's team and bank had stickers, so...

Maybe the coolest one is "Todd's Ham and Bacon", that has been on my Guild bass case since 1977 and is still readable. It came inside a pound of bacon. Many of my stickers are way older than almost anybody I play with now...
Old 01-12-2024, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy the dog View Post
I had a box full of concert tickets with nowhere to put them so I put them on a battered case.

That was about twenty years ago. I now find myself with another box full of tickets to cover at least another two cases
That’s beautiful. I can see there’s more than just concert tickets there- a nice scrapbook collage of musical adventures. Is it just decoupage or did you have to use something more substantial?
Larrivee Parlor Koa Special Edition
https://soundclick.com/kiphendryandtheonestarhotel
Old 01-13-2024, 03:10 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy the dog View Post
I had a box full of concert tickets with nowhere to put them so I put them on a battered case.

That was about twenty years ago. I now find myself with another box full of tickets to cover at least another two cases
Cool idea! That’s a lot of Genesis and Clapton shows!
Old 01-13-2024, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffreykip View Post
That’s beautiful. I can see there’s more than just concert tickets there- a nice scrapbook collage of musical adventures. Is it just decoupage or did you have to use something more substantial?
Thanks. It's Just decoupage but if I do the same with another case I will use something a little more robust. An outdoor marine varnish would be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honkycat View Post
Cool idea! That’s a lot of Genesis and Clapton shows!
Thanks. Saw Genesis when I was still at school in the Seventies and not missed at least one show at every tour since. Seen Eric everywhere but used to go to 2 or 3 shows every year when he did the annual events at the Albert Hall in the Nineties - best venue in the world.

YouTube
Old 01-13-2024, 05:13 AM

My wife. She's always on my case.
Old 01-13-2024, 05:14 AM
Guitar Gourmet

In earlier years I used to decorate my cases with all-access passes and such but someone suggested that the more flamboyant a case, the better chance it would be stolen. With my band and myself traveling and so forth I took that advice. There really isn't any statistical evidence behind it but I haven't gone back. No big opinions, though.

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)
Old 01-13-2024, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk2Me View Post
I remember when this thread concept first came up here not long ago.I also remember being one of the few who was vocal about how "low class" and "trashy" that made a perfectly good case look. In my humble opinion of course!
Don't know that there's anything low-class or trashy about stickers on cases, but I don't see any advantage, either. It's like tattoos and bumperstickers: What are they for?

I mean, a guitar case is for one thing only, which, if it's a good one, it does well: protect your guitar. Do stickers add more protection? Nope. Pointless, useless.

Of course, stickers and whatnot are also a way of expressing yourself. But I've never had any problems in that department. A sticker (or a tattoo) would just be redundant.

And the other of-course: They're decorative. I like decorating my house. And Christmas trees. But for me, the urge just doesn't often go far beyond that — though I do confess I have one sticker on one guitar: Sabo, the IWW anarchist cat is on my black Strat.

But that's on a guitar, not a case. I care about how my guitars look. Cases are just to keep them looking good.
Old 01-13-2024, 06:17 AM

Old 01-13-2024, 06:28 AM
Charter Member

I don't like the idea of stickers,
This is all I put om my guitar cases :
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0575.jpg (45.8 KB, 208 views)
Old 01-13-2024, 08:44 AM
Charter Member

This is the only one that ever made sense to me.

Old 01-13-2024, 09:58 AM
Charter Member

No stickers. Some smudges and scuffs on one or two.
Old 01-13-2024, 10:17 AM
Charter Member

I have never put any stickers on my cases. For my tastes, I do not like the look. I prefer the clean look.

- Glenn

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion